Russian up for Adoption. East TN

Status
Not open for further replies.

7oasty23

5 Year Member
I'm looking to find an experienced tort owner to adopt my russian tortoise. He has been lethargic and not eating much the last few weeks. I just started a new job, and I just don't have the time to give him proper care. It's a male approximately 4 inches long, and I'm not planning on shipping him. I have a huge tortoise table, that I can give to the person who adopts him. I do not want any money, just a good home for him.

7oasty23

5 Year Member
Bump. ImageUploadedByTortForum1380328504.975118.jpg. I'm willing to travel to surrounding areas.

Last edited by a moderator:

Schnauzerland

5 Year Member
Where are you located I'm in Johnson city.

7oasty23 said:
I'm looking to find an experienced tort owner to adopt my russian tortoise. He has been lethargic and not eating much the last few weeks. I just started a new job, and I just don't have the time to give him proper care. It's a male approximately 4 inches long, and I'm not planning on shipping him. I have a huge tortoise table, that I can give to the person who adopts him. I do not want any money, just a good home for him.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Schnauzerland said:
Where are you located I'm in Johnson city.

Since this is a conversation forum and adoptions/sales are more or less a side-line, it would be in your best interest to write up an introduction in the "Introduction" section and let us get to know you a bit. It would be easier for those with turtles/tortoises to place if they knew a bit about someone.

oliviaTORTOISE

5 Year Member
I would absolutely LOVE to adopt him I am experienced and I give my Russian tons if attention and I give her vitamins and she lives in a large indoor enclosure with a daily diet of spring mix and a variety of grasses! My tortoise seems to be bored and would LOVE[HEAVY BLACK HEART]️ A partner to spend her life with!!! Unfortunately to get the little guy over here he must be shipped:( anyway you can??? I am willing to pay for it!

nate.mann

5 Year Member
Glendale, Arizona, USA
oliviaTORTOISE said:
I would absolutely LOVE to adopt him I am experienced and I give my Russian tons if attention and I give her vitamins and she lives in a large indoor enclosure with a daily diet of spring mix and a variety of grasses! My tortoise seems to be bored and would LOVE[HEAVY BLACK HEART]️ A partner to spend her life with!!! Unfortunately to get the little guy over here he must be shipped:( anyway you can??? I am willing to pay for it!

i think it is in the current owners best interest not to send it to you because the risk of you putting the two together (which is very bad). your tortoise now is not bored, one of the tortoises would end up hurting the other, if they both didnt hurt each other.

0.1.0 Russian tortoise
0.1.0 Sonoran Desert Tortoise
1.0.0 Bluenose Pit/American Bulldog

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
oliviaTORTOISE said:

Hi. I agree with Nate and speak from experience: Torts are solitary animals. They don't normally get along in pairs, when put in confined space. I just had to separate my pair, that had been raised together for at least 5 yrs, because the female was being aggressive toward the male, who constantly harassed her. She was getting too stressed because she couldn't get away from him. They're happily divorced now.[WINKING FACE]

May[TURTLE]
Hermannis: Darwin & Wallace
Aussies: Dax, Vegas, & Cricket

7oasty23

5 Year Member
I also am not going to give him to a child, had a few pm's from kids about him. I'm willing to travel, and am very close to ky and nc.

oliviaTORTOISE

5 Year Member
Okay. I understand COMPLETLY! I just figured out that Olivia does NOT want a partner! Sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.