Russians Together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffinthetort

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Kentucky
My local petco just started carrying mazuri today so I went in to get some and noticed they had gotten new tortoises in.
They had three russians all of which were between 4 and 6 inches long housed in a 50 gallon tank. They were all piled up in one corner scratching and biting each other. How could anyone not think they should be seperated?
I talked to the manager and told her what was happening. She said their only option for seperating them is to put them each in a little 10 gallon tank, so hopefully they'll get seperated soon and then adopted to good homes.
I would have taken them with me, but I've got a budget and limited space.
It just bothers me that the employees wouldn't even bother to seperate them when they're fighting.

dlrowe

5 Year Member
Poor torts:-(

Sent from my PG86100 using TortForum mobile app

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Better to be temporarily in a 10 gallon, than ripping each other up...

Some people just don't get it.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
I completely agree that they need to be separated but it really sucks that they are going to be stuck in a ten gallon. Temporary...may be awhile, months even. We currently got a Russian at my work, already had a Greek...and only have one cage on sales floor for tortoises. Corporate requests for us to house multiple species....which I will not allow, but that means the Greek we had has been stuck in a 20 gallon long for 2 weeks now. We don't sell tortoises often, so I feel bad for the Greek. I'm trying to convince the other manager to allow me to adopt it....I think soon they will...they have got to get tired of hearing me ask sooner or later ^.^

0.0.1 Red Foot
0.0.1 Crested Gecko
0.1.0 Dachshund

Muffinthetort

5 Year Member
Kentucky
The Petco was closed yesterday since it was a holiday, but I went in today to check on the tortoises. They seperated the largest of the three out into a little 10 gallon tank. The two smaller ones are still in together, but they seem to be just ignoring each other. There was a woman looking at one of them like she wanted to adopt it, but she said she didn't think her husband would appreciate it very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.