safe outside

idcowden

Location (City and/or State)
Walton-on-Thames
I agree, there are so many answers to every questing because it all depends on alot. I did my best according to common advice. I'm planting edible weeds and plants from seed , they're are no large predators in my area but he is completely contained just in case. He is outside today for the first time, I hope he enjoys his new place. Thank you for your response
Similarly - you'll find recommendations for chickenwire, but again, it might be for different areas. Where I am, chickenwire is fine. We get the odd curious fox and cat. Where you are, I understand that you have somewhat larger animals ;-)

Edible weeds and plants are a good idea, but in my limited experience its a good idea to put something over them (i'm using a couple of wire hanging baskets firmly pegged down) otherwise any plants will get demolished. And I do mean demolished. I used the wire baskets last year and didn't peg down. the plants lasted about 3 days before they were eaten past recovery. I also have some behind a rudimentary chickenwire fence, although I may change that for a sort of wood fence with big enough gaps for tortoise heads, but not whole tortoises!

Kylee L.

Location (City and/or State)
Jacksonville, FL
Similarly - you'll find recommendations for chickenwire, but again, it might be for different areas. Where I am, chickenwire is fine. We get the odd curious fox and cat. Where you are, I understand that you have somewhat larger animals ;-)

Edible weeds and plants are a good idea, but in my limited experience its a good idea to put something over them (i'm using a couple of wire hanging baskets firmly pegged down) otherwise any plants will get demolished. And I do mean demolished. I used the wire baskets last year and didn't peg down. the plants lasted about 3 days before they were eaten past recovery. I also have some behind a rudimentary chickenwire fence, although I may change that for a sort of wood fence with big enough gaps for tortoise heads, but not whole tortoises!
my neighborhood doesn't really get large animals, my yard is also closed off with a privacy fence, I did opt out of chicken wire and went work something stronger, just in case