Salutations!

Berkeley

Hi everyone-
My name is Berkeley, and I live in Georgia. I've been interested in turtles and tortoises for a while now. Some of my earliest memories are catching and trying to keep box turtles in my sandbox when I was growing up. Thankfully, my captive care has improved dramatically since those days! I have cared for about half of the recognized species in various collections, and can't really say that I have a favorite. It changes from day to day. Currently, I work with several species.
I have been lurking on this forum for several years, but have only recently decided that I should create an account and participate along with you. I hope to be a regular contributor, but work and family will dictate how often I can hit 'submit'.
I've tried to attach a few pictures. We'll see how they turn out.
Looking forward to some good conversations!
--Berkeley
DSC03588.JPG DSC03591.JPG DSCF4114.JPG IMG_9667.jpg DSC03588.JPG DSC03591.JPG DSCF4114.JPG IMG_9667.jpg DSC03789.JPG DSC02537.JPG IMG_2361.JPG

Berkeley

Hmmmm. I'll have to play with the photo uploading, not sure why the first four pics got repeated. Oh well, you can enjoy them twice now!
--Berkeley

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Welcome to TFO! You have some beautiful animals bro .

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) I must agree, a very nice collection. Glad you finally joined our great forum. We have lots of fantastic members and love have members share with us. Hope you get to come on often.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Glad you decided to join the forum! Your tortoises are absolutely beautiful!
Welcome!
:)

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Alta Loma, CA
Welcome to the forum. Thanks for sharing the pictures of your beautiful turtles/tortoises.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Berkeley welcome to the TFO from AZ, USA . Great looking Pancake torts.

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

Berkeley

Thanks for the warm welcome and kind words, all. It is much appreciated.
--Berkeley

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Berkeley! You have a nice collection of turtles and tortoises. I'm thinking emys emys, star, pancake...I'm not real good with the water turtles, but I think that's a big headed turtle?? or maybe a snapper? and maybe one of the cuora species??

I hope you're able to post some habitat pictures too eventually. I love to see how others have their turtles and tortoises set up.

Berkeley

Thanks Kelly and Yvonne.
Yes, the pics are (1, 2) Manouria emys emys, Asian Browns; (3) Geochelone elegans, Indian Star; (4) Malcochersus tornieri, Pancakes; (5) Cuora flavomarginata, Yellow-margined Box Turtle; (6) Deirochelys reticularia, Chicken turtle; (7) Platysternon megacephalum, Big Headed turtle.
I'll certainly try to get some enclosure photos posted as well. I have enjoyed looking through the enclosure subforum here to see how others have their collections set up too.
--Berkeley