Searching for a Dalmatian Tortoise

EmmaE

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NY
Does anyone know any reputable people who sell Dalmatian Tortoises?
Thanks,
Emma

EmmaE

5 Year Member
NY
Thanks to both of you! I sent chris at Hermanni Haven a message a few days ago and I am hoping to get mine from him! If not, I'll explore other options. Sadly, the Arizona Tortoise Compound only has the adult dalmatian tortoise for $300 left at the moment. The others seem to have sold out.

Diamond

phoenix,az
I'm on the waiting list to get a Dalmatian hatchling from Chris in the spring. Got a baby Russian from him this past September. My Russian is doing well and I am excited to get the Dalmatian. I'm sure he will get back to you. I know when I last was in touch with him in October, they were getting ready to move. Good luck in your search.

EmmaE

5 Year Member
NY
I'm on the waiting list to get a Dalmatian hatchling from Chris in the spring. Got a baby Russian from him this past September. My Russian is doing well and I am excited to get the Dalmatian. I'm sure he will get back to you. I know when I last was in touch with him in October, they were getting ready to move. Good luck in your search.
This is good to hear! I will contact him again in a few days if I don't hear back and I too will hopefully join the waitlist.

RobertFlak

5 Year Member
Reccomend using a Mercury Vapor Bulb for light/heat/UVB
aw so cute!! think i am already getting a tortoise from someone else but if you have any dalmatian tortoise tips let me know!
Main advice is to use a Mercury Vapor Lamp in your enclosure for light/heat/uvb. My dalmation loves basking in or near it most of the day and it is what stopped him for going into hybernation (unwanted) when I first got him.

EmmaE

5 Year Member
NY
Reccomend using a Mercury Vapor Bulb for light/heat/UVB

Main advice is to use a Mercury Vapor Lamp in your enclosure for light/heat/uvb. My dalmation loves basking in or near it most of the day and it is what stopped him for going into hybernation (unwanted) when I first got him.
ah great! i already have the lamp so i am glad :)