Secret Santa

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Nottingham, U.K
I know, i know... already!

So we do this on another forum i am on and just wondered how many people would be interested about doing it on here?

Basically what happens is;
people put there name forward to join in SS.
Then everyone gets a questionnaire. (so simple things like fav colour etc. Plus address)
So everyone gets someones questionnaire and address - name but no username (so you have to guess who it is you got)

Then you go buy presents and ship/post them to whoever and then they have to guess who there SS is.

Theres rules like a spending limit of £15/$23.
Everyone who enters has to have a post count over 100 or something like that. So that we know it's all legit members that we know well.

Anyway thats how its run on the other forum, they do it every year (have done for the past 3 years) and its quite good fun.

Just thought i'd mention it here and see what people thought.

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
I'd be up for this, definitely, though how much does postage cost between the US and the UK? Will that have as big an impact as I'm imagining if we don't split this into Europe and US?

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
Well we could make it an option.

So that way anyone not wanting to ship abroad can opt out and be paired with someone in the same country as them :)
If that makes sense? So if you opted to ship abroad theres a chance you could be paired with someone in another country or with someone in your own country.

I think postage, price wise, depends on how big the parcel is.

C

Claireabbo

that would be so cool! but yeah... i am not sure about postage costs.

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
Like i said, you could opt out of posting abroad. So instead get paired with someone in your own country :)

If your in america you could state some states/areas your willing to post to and be paired up that way?

C

Claireabbo

that would work! :D like since im in colorado i could just have someone in the U.S. :) this is a great idea!

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
I love it. I'd love to be able to send to the US, as I'd love to send something that's not sold there, but at the same time I know doing that would limit the size of the gift I could afford.

I had a friend from New York send me a few big bags of crisps, 1lb bags, and I imagine it cost loads!

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
I would definitely be interested! What kind of gifts? Just anything goes sorta thing??

AshleyJones

5 Year Member
Phoenix, AZ
This would be cool and postage would not be that bad as long as you get a gift that fits into the USPS flat rate boxes they have.

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
And if we are doing this we should start getting it together now - want to make sure there is plenty of time get the questionarre and have time to think of a gift and all that fun stuff - once the holidays get here things get hectic around here for us.

C

Claireabbo

same for here! :D haha so we should get it together :) i can help out if necessary

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
Yea sort of anything goes but you'll get clues on the questionnaire :)

Thats why I'm posting now so it can start to be organised before it's too late.
we'll obv have to sort out who's going to run it together and then perhaps we could have a separate sub-board to keep all this SS stuff together. Then have to get people to sign up in a separate thread :)

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Suppose, instead of posting something you can't buy in the US, I can still find a creative gift and buy online from a US site for cheap delivery. I'm most definitely in, for anywhere in the world.

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
HipsterTorts said:
I'd be willing to help out:D I Have way to much time on my hands haha

Awesome :)
I dont want to take over but I was thinking perhaps 3 people to organise it all? Perhaps including a mod? (doesn't have to be a mod though, could just be three well known trusted members.

cherylim said:
Suppose, instead of posting something you can't buy in the US, I can still find a creative gift and buy online from a US site for cheap delivery. I'm most definitely in, for anywhere in the world.

Yes that could work :)

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
I am willing to help out in any way - feel free to let me know what needs to be done. I'm curious about this and how it will work out! I don't know what kind of gifts ahhhhh so many ideas good and bad! :p We should definitely have a thread dedicated to posting pics of what you received from your secret santa though! (I like to plan ahead! haha)

C

Claireabbo

like who? and what things would be necessary to do? i can help all i can :) when im not in school but i bring my laptop everywhere :)

Status
Not open for further replies.