Send Pics of your enclosures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweetness_bug

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
MICHIGAN
I like it! Its simple and get the job done. Very nice set up

Mine is nothing fancy but here it goes...

[/quote]

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Nay said:
My red-foots make a pig sty of their table, cause the substrate to become cement, in like 2 days.

Hence why I put all my energy into my outdoor pens ;) Mine do it too. To be honest, the indoor pens for my big Redfoots are just big wooden boxes with heat lamps and a water dish, with cypress mulch for a substrate. They aren't fancy one bit. BUT, I made their summer enclosure as fantastic as possible, to make up for the time they have to spend indoors in the winter!

The babies I put a bit more effort into, trying to keep them healthy and growing as nicely as possible.

Sweetness_bug

5 Year Member
MICHIGAN
kyryah said:
Nay said:
My red-foots make a pig sty of their table, cause the substrate to become cement, in like 2 days.

Hence why I put all my energy into my outdoor pens ;) Mine do it too. To be honest, the indoor pens for my big Redfoots are just big wooden boxes with heat lamps and a water dish, with cypress mulch for a substrate. They aren't fancy one bit. BUT, I made their summer enclosure as fantastic as possible, to make up for the time they have to spend indoors in the winter!

The babies I put a bit more effort into, trying to keep them healthy and growing as nicely as possible.

Yeah I wish i could keep my enclosures outside but mine spend the most time inside since its cold. I wont let them go out side unless the temp is above 70 outside.

But your right they make a mess and i am constantly cleaning.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Nay said:
I love seeing all these pics of enclosures. The only problem I can say, is aside from Kristina's sully, aren't most of these all nice neat little torts???? Where are all the big ones and the messes they make?? I want to see the pics of enclosures for the over 5-6 inch size. My red-foots make a pig sty of their table, cause the substrate to become cement, in like 2 days.My leopard, Pinkly, does likewise in hers. They eat whatever is green,(never you mind putting in all those nice fake beautiful looking trees.) they make a swamp of their water in about 30 seconds, and any hide I make, no matter how secure, is moved to the opposite corner of the pen, usually through the water, and then sometimes under the lights.making me crazy they are going to light one up. I came home one time and a large plastic plant pot I was using for a hide had a melted part of it..I want to see the BOBS of this forum that have to keep their bulldozers inside during our colder months..

Come on Folks!!!! Show us the dirty truth!!!

http://picasaweb.google.com/NadineNat/RfPen02#5530585211226858898

http://picasaweb.google.com/NadineNat/RfPen02#5530585222601890882

Nay you are a riot, but boy is it true. I could show you all pictures of Solo's vivarium, and it's so great, and then there's Pio...7in now and three years old. Every since he came inside he's digging for worms. His water, after he poops in it, is a stinky mess, and he ate two little Rose of Sharon, and three clumps of dandelion, so now I have to keep replacing his plants. Yesterday I found him sitting on top of his hide. I NEVER saw him do that. So we're making him a much bigger enclosure now, but here's where he is now.

003-37.jpg

004-37.jpg

Here's Solo's viv
014-21.jpg

015-19.jpg

018-18.jpg

005-45.jpg

Sweetness_bug

5 Year Member
MICHIGAN
Amazing enclosure...looks like a part of the amazon.....love it..definatly have to show us the new one when its complete...to bad you dont live by here i would so have you do mine...Love it

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Sweetness_bug said:
Yeah I wish i could keep my enclosures outside but mine spend the most time inside since its cold. I wont let them go out side unless the temp is above 70 outside.

I don't know if you realize it, but I am in Michigan too, and MUCH farther north than you. My torts got almost 7 whole months outside this year. It is true that it gets cold and they have to be brought in, but I am a firm believer that tortoises should be outside whenever possible. It is a good idea to keep babies from getting too chilled, but also remember that air temperature does not necessarily mean the same thing as what a tortoise feels on the ground. I let my older torts go out during the day when it is above 60, and the babies usually go out for just a little while at a time. Once temps stay above 55 degrees at night, they get to stay out.

Just something to think about for next spring ;)

Sweetness_bug

5 Year Member
MICHIGAN
kyryah said:
Sweetness_bug said:

I don't know if you realize it, but I am in Michigan too, and MUCH farther north than you. My torts got almost 7 whole months outside this year. It is true that it gets cold and they have to be brought in, but I am a firm believer that tortoises should be outside whenever possible. It is a good idea to keep babies from getting too chilled, but also remember that air temperature does not necessarily mean the same thing as what a tortoise feels on the ground. I let my older torts go out during the day when it is above 60, and the babies usually go out for just a little while at a time. Once temps stay above 55 degrees at night, they get to stay out.

Just something to think about for next spring ;)

Thats good to know. I didnt realie you were in Michigan. thats awsome! I usually dont put them outside unless its above 70...Im always so scared they aregonna get cold or sick. Most my torts are adult..m gonna Private message you cause i have a Michigan question you may b able to answer...LOL..thanks for your help

Sweetness_bug

5 Year Member
MICHIGAN
we have got 25 posts for enclosures keep em coming! Lots of people like this thread it gives them ideas.!

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
There's over 10000 posts in this Enclosure section. My money's on you'll probably find some neat ideas if you take the time to sort through some.

Sweetness_bug

5 Year Member
MICHIGAN
harris said:
There's over 10000 posts in this Enclosure section. My money's on you'll probably find some neat ideas if you take the time to sort through some.

True..i was just kinda doint this as a quick way to see and also to get to know people to :)

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Here are some pic's of my enclosure my tort's are in now an one I am working on I made the end removable so when they get bigger I can add another one to form an L Bigger is Better

Attachments

• tort table 002.JPG
    tort table 002.JPG
    315.2 KB · Views: 53
  • tort table 001.JPG
    tort table 001.JPG
    277 KB · Views: 49
  • tort table 005.JPG
    tort table 005.JPG
    332.6 KB · Views: 51
  • tort table 007.JPG
    tort table 007.JPG