Sexing 4 Year Old Leopard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
I am sorry Ilove Twinkle but I am not sure your making sense to me. Was he not OK? I didnt' see any post that said this. Did I miss something? Please explain.

IloveTwinkle

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Durham, North East, England
Oh well, it`s good that Everyone knows that the Tortoise is a girl. But what I mean Crazy1 is the Tort is ok and happy and that Everyone knows that it`s a girl :)

S

stells

I love Twinkle to put it mildly the tortoise has a willy, which kind of convinces me its a boy.
I think someone is on a wind up

alice

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
this is a weird tortoise (sorry i dont mean weird but tricky to sex)

it has the anal scutes of a female yet it has a long tail and willy, very interesting to see how much they can change as they grow

x

terrypin

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Jersey C.I.
hi obviously there is not any doubt what sex the tortoises is when it flash's it's penis the reason i asked to see a picture of the anal scutes is normally you would look to see how they are growing and base your judgement on what the eventual shape might be as not all of their tails develop enough at that early age /size to be able to use it as conclusive evidence of their sex.in this particular animals case the tail had started to develop so it was looking like it had male characteristic's without this i would have leaned toward's female and certainly wouldnt like to have said i was sure either way luckily this wasn't neccessary.seeing it the anal scutes and tail area will help with identification on similar sized animals in the future.
terry

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You really don't see the concave plastron or change in shape of anal scutes until the tortoise is quite a bit bigger. The flashing is the clincher that its a boy. Without the flash, you wouldn't be able to tell the sex for sure for quite a few more years.

Yvonne

Status
Not open for further replies.