She is getting so big

Lovechell69

Location (City and/or State)
Arkansas
I haven’t posted in a while. Amara is spending all of her time except rainy days and nights outside now. I got her less than a year ago. More like rescued her from a pet store only feeding her cabbage reptile carpet for a substrate and poor lighting and heat source. She was supposed to be a year old but was smaller than a quarter and still had a partial umbilical. I’m still amazed with her daily. I know it’s to soon to tell gender so Amara is a universal name and its a habit saying she. The only thing I worry about her being outside is birds looking for prey all around here and we are having problems with snakes coming in the yard. She’s still so small. Her enclosure is 3 feet tall and she gets excited when I take her out in the morning. This forum has gave me opinions when I hadn’t had her long and she had a respiratory infection trying to work out temps humidity soaking daily etc. I wanted to share a picture zoomed in of course to show those who have helped me how far she has come. Her weight is over six times greater than when I got her. Every day she packs more and more on. I am growing her food for the days she has to be inside. Thank you everyone. I don’t know what I would’ve done without your help

F0933CF4-62BE-4E7F-8D3F-4F96E11FAE94.jpeg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
This is a nice success story. And you're doing a great job with the tortoise. She looks pretty darned good. (I love all the little "tooth" marks on the edges of the cuttlebone!)

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
I haven’t posted in a while. Amara is spending all of her time except rainy days and nights outside now. I got her less than a year ago. More like rescued her from a pet store only feeding her cabbage reptile carpet for a substrate and poor lighting and heat source. She was supposed to be a year old but was smaller than a quarter and still had a partial umbilical. I’m still amazed with her daily. I know it’s to soon to tell gender so Amara is a universal name and its a habit saying she. The only thing I worry about her being outside is birds looking for prey all around here and we are having problems with snakes coming in the yard. She’s still so small. Her enclosure is 3 feet tall and she gets excited when I take her out in the morning. This forum has gave me opinions when I hadn’t had her long and she had a respiratory infection trying to work out temps humidity soaking daily etc. I wanted to share a picture zoomed in of course to show those who have helped me how far she has come. Her weight is over six times greater than when I got her. Every day she packs more and more on. I am growing her food for the days she has to be inside. Thank you everyone. I don’t know what I would’ve done without your help

View attachment 274856
She looks great!

Sulcatas are amazing, I would get one if I had the space.

Lovechell69

Arkansas
This is a nice success story. And you're doing a great job with the tortoise. She looks pretty darned good. (I love all the little "tooth" marks on the edges of the cuttlebone!)
Thank you so much. She loves her cuttlebone. I’m the only one she doesn’t hiss at all the time. She watches me from her hide because she loves the soaks. I’m so proud of her for being a fighter despite her beginning. It’s so funny when I have to go to the doctor and once the emergency room and I insist I have to get home to take care of my sulcata. They look at me and say what. A picture says a thousand words

Lovechell69

Arkansas
She looks great!

Sulcatas are amazing, I would get one if I had the space.
Thank you. They do need the space. They aren’t cheap to take care of either. They get big. Amara is moving her furniture around where she wants it lol. I have four acres so she will have lots of room while she grows

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Thank you. They do need the space. They aren’t cheap to take care of either. They get big. Amara is moving her furniture around where she wants it lol. I have four acres so she will have lots of room while she grows
I’m glad you know that your raising a soon to be big monster:D

Some people get a sulcata and don’t realise how big it gets.