she sure loves her cactus pads and banana leaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lacey121

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Thanks for sharing Suzy!

Fiona's first time eating cactus pad and banana leaves,she really enjoyed them!

24o7te0.jpg

2rggwf9.jpg

244dxtl.jpg

2my0xgo.jpg

she has her happy face on lol
2w5m26q.jpg

Urtle

5 Year Member
Very cute! love the look on her face :)

Where do you find the banana leaves?

yazzy1012

5 Year Member
My adult male doesn't like cactus pads, but haven't tried banana leaves. Interesting. Where do you find them?

lacey121

5 Year Member
New Orleans, Louisiana
She does have a pretty cute face lol.

The previous owner said she was 2-3 years old, so somewhere around there!

Actually, Suzy (srod) shared some of her banana leaves and cactus pads with me since we live around the same area. They have tons of banana tree's down here (New Orleans area).

ktkurtz1232

5 Year Member
My little sulcata LOVES banana leaves, I usually sneak it into his breakfast since we have some in our backyard with fresh leaves growing.. I don't know where to get cactus pads that don't have needles, cause all of ours do and I'm scared I will miss some when I take it off and he'll suffer...

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
I LOVE HER NAME!! Whenever someone on here is asking ideas for names, I always say that one!! Its my favorite :) She is very pretty! She'd have to be with that name!! :) :)

jessicasully

5 Year Member
San Diego
Len said:
Both of my larger sulcatas love the banana leaves,they even eat on them after they dry up and get crispy.

Where do you get the banana leaves?

Linzbragg

5 Year Member
The Tortoise Man said:
I only feed mine romain and timothy hay and on the occasion reptile powder

You need to give your Sulcata a more varied diet than that! Check out the forum, there's lots of different things you can feed them and it important to vary their diet. Just a thought, if you care

ktkurtz1232 said:
My little sulcata LOVES banana leaves, I usually sneak it into his breakfast since we have some in our backyard with fresh leaves growing.. I don't know where to get cactus pads that don't have needles, cause all of ours do and I'm scared I will miss some when I take it off and he'll suffer...

If you do miss a few needles I'm sure it'll be ok because no one takes the needles off for them in the wild.

She's so cute! I'm going to have to find some banana leaves for my girl.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
jessicasully said:
Len said:
Both of my larger sulcatas love the banana leaves,they even eat on them after they dry up and get crispy.

Where do you get the banana leaves?

I grow them here in Va,a little south east of Wash DC, on the Potomac, and in MD near the Chesapeake Bay. Most people believe you can't grow them in areas with very cold winters, but you can, if you find the cold hardy kind, Here are some pics from last summer ,winter, and today, notice the new growth in the center of the trunks from today's pic, they all made it through a very cold winter with temps getting into single digits several times.

Status
Not open for further replies.