shedding?

sir prince

Hello my tortoise friends. Prince is acting normal as usual. Playing/ exploring, eating normal (loves dandelions ) . Lately I have noticed what looks like shedding around one eye. His shell is shining no dryness or anything, his legs and tail look normal. I soak him every other day. Is the skin around his eye normal or is there something I don't know. Thanks in advance 20170516_145723.jpg

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
All animals shed skin. It's perfectly normal.

Snakes do it tidily all in one go. Humans do it in tiny bits that become house dust. Tortoises do it in patches and look downright tatty at times.

It needs no oils or potions. Just leave it and the loose dead skin will rub off as your tort goes about its business :)

sir prince

All animals shed skin. It's perfectly normal.

Snakes do it tidily all in one go. Humans do it in tiny bits that become house dust. Tortoises do it in patches and look downright tatty at times.

It needs no oils or potions. Just leave it and the loose dead skin will rub off as your tort goes about its business :)
Thanks I assumed it was normal. Just going on almost 1 full year with Prince so still learning but I love the lil guy!

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Newport Coast, CA
Yup, normal shedding. My tortoise is about a week in to her shed; she stuffed herself all spring and now she's exploding. :)

The shredding around the neck is really obvious, like a peeling sunburn.