Sheldon's Story

Ashley_Sheldon

5 Year Member
So who wants to hear how i got Sheldon ? :) here it goes :

So one day me and my dad were going to Dales (a local pet shop) just to grab some dog food . Inside their was a large bin with two little sulcata tortoise babies . We thought they were adorable and the guy started telling us about them and he he took one in and how big they get . He gave us a lot of info . He even told us that we need to get ready because he'll get big fast . We fell in love with them and they were only 50 bucks so we decided to get one . There was two left out of 40 babies that someone had brought in from their big momma . There was a really hyper guy running all around and their was a lazy little guy . The hyper one had two dots on some if his scutes instead of one . The other guy had a shell with one dot in each scute . I immediately chose one tortoise . Can you guess ? It was the hyper guy with two dots in some scutes ! He was do odd looking compared to the other little guy that i felt like i needed him :) the guy gave us a box , put the little guy inside and sent us home with a $50 tortoise . PS the torts in the bin had proper substrate and a huge water dish with plenty of space to roam around in their tank . They had named him some Hawaiian name (i forgot now) that I think they said meant "little one" .we renamed him Sheldon with your knowing if he is actually male haha :D ! So thats the story of Sheldon ! Please feel free to comment whatever you like and even your tortoises stories ! :)

So many typos in this .. Sorry :( haha

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
You are in for a very long adventure! They are amazing animals.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
The store would have been better with pictures. Ha Ha just kidding! Thats an awesome story and hopefully you will have a pet you can give to your kids .

Ashley_Sheldon

5 Year Member
mike taylor said:
The store would have been better with pictures. Ha Ha just kidding! Thats an awesome story and hopefully you will have a pet you can give to your kids .

Haha and thanks :D

DWB said:
Congratulations, great looking sully! Keep him humid.

If you want our story, you will find it in the Introductions forum.

OK, easy linky: http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-82354.html

Thanks and im gonna check it out right now ! :D

DWB said:
Congratulations, great looking sully! Keep him humid.

If you want our story, you will find it in the Introductions forum.

OK, easy linky: http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-82354.html

Wow , fascinating story b so lucky to find the little guy outside ! :D