Sheldon's Table...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honey

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Springfield, MO
I got the traction added to the ramp last night, and I'm finally getting around to adding pictures. :) I snapped a few while Sheldon was resting in his hide. Later on today, I will snap some shots of him out and about.

I sure hope he tries the ramp!!! If he won't, I'll take dmarcus' advice, and build him a trellis or cover to create a tunnel for him. Either way - I'll be posting more pictures!!
:D

I'm also including a shot of his current light set up - I know that some of us out there tend to get creative when it comes to how to hang or attach the lamps. Hope this is helpful for someone.

Close up of Sheldon's ramp - traction added:
Sheldonsramp.jpg

Full view of his table as it currently sits:
Sheldonstableramp.jpg

His water dish - "water's edge" is how I think they're advertised... soon, he'll be upgraded to a plant-pot saucer: :)
Sheldonswateringhole.jpg

The light set up (ceramic heat emitter, and MVB UVB):
Sheldonslightsetup.jpg

Jessie

5 Year Member
Very nice space for him. I was thinking about doing something similar. I like it, very cool.

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Looks Great, You Put some Wood Stairs I See, Nice Addition.

Honey

5 Year Member
Springfield, MO
@ Utah Lynn - Thank you! I really wish I knew what the lamp stand's original purpose was for it - perhaps a wreath stand? I don't know why it was made, but it does work well for the lamp.
:)

@ dmarcus - Thank you! I'm still holding onto the twigs for a tunnel.
;)

@ Jessie - Thanks! It's like having a living zen garden in the living room.

@ Jacob - Thank you, too!! I used little strips of wood for the 'stairs', since I couldn't saw the twigs like I had wanted to.
:)

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
It's amazing how people make their gardens and terrariums so beautiful, as though it's just as important for the well-being of both the pet and the person. This one looks like a combination tortoise table and Buddhist rock garden. Very nice! :)

Honey

5 Year Member
Springfield, MO
Heeheehee, GeoTerraTestudo!! Thank you!!! Of course Sheldon's health and well-being are paramount, but I really do try and create his environment so that it's beauty is functional. I'm super excited about adding live plants for him to munch on, too! It really is an ever evolving indoor living zen garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.