Double Decker Tortoise Table Build

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon Coast
So after as almost a year of delays, I've finally began my upgraded tortoise table. I'll post some pics once I can figure out how! My current table was only intended to be temporary last year , and is made from daisy chained Christmas tree tubs.
I intended to implement my current plan a long time ago.
My current set up goes around 2 walls of my small tortoise room. And I'm expanding the table walls. And I'm upgrading one wall upper level, by adding a lower level that includes an enclosed ramp.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Photos or its not real! That sounds like a heck of a project. Will be looking forward to it!

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
So I'm stick struggling we with the pics....

But this morning I ordered all the parts for my new sliding plexiglass windows for my the new lower level!
I'm still waiting for all my other stuff in the mail so I'm stuck being patient. Not my best trait!

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
Well today I'm getting alot of my supplies. Plywood, sliding plexiglass windows, and some latex weatherproof paint or however you say it.
Ordered a couple more fabric plants from Chewy with my dog food.
But still waiting for my cheap book shelf, and my ramps .

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
20191106_124128.jpg

I can post a pic again! Wooot!!!
Not the best before pic of my floor covered in paint tarp. As you can see, my temporary red foot encloser is composed of Christmas tree tubs. But you can also take note of how much more room there is going to be.

Added: Started painting my new table with exterior Simi gloss enamel in white. My arm is super tired painting the underside of one angle of the table. It will be the future lower level .

Last edited:

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
I ordered some venus flytrap seeds and some peat pellets today. Hopefully I can start some and have them in the Tortoise Room to help snag these random fruit flies that always end up cruising around! Not putting them into the tort encloser, dont worry. I was trying to decide on a fun houseplant to put back there once I'm done with my table build. Sounds promising! I love carnivorous plants.

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
So I'm still waiting on my generic book shelf to show up for the second story. But after some delays due to weather and work hours, the plywood for the upper story finally got sized and installed. Today I just need to finish sealing everything up and adding another couple of coats of paint.
Artemis probably hates me now that she is stuck in her temporary enclosure made from half of her old one!