shell rot? or poor care from previous owner(petsmart)

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeyspacecake

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
splendora tx,
I got my greek tortoise about a month ago from petsmart and they gave me a 14 day to bring back the pet thingy anyways first day i notice my little erikai had a bit of a scuff on her side i just thought maybe it was like a shell birth mark but over the past few weeks i think it has increased in size and i think it may be shell rot... if it is what measures do i have to take to help it? and if not then what signs should i look out for, for future reference?

Attachments

• Erikai shell.jpg
    Erikai shell.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 84

chris_m90731

5 Year Member
Well, your first mistake was buying a tortoise from PetSmart...
But it looks like an injury, not rot.

monkeyspacecake

5 Year Member
splendora tx,
Well, i just couldn't take her back :( her eyes told me she needed love and a better home, anyways yes i agree their living conditions look a little brutal and she was the smallest of them all and stuck out like a soar thumb.

I knew she was the one for me at that moment. :D Thanks you guys for the help!

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
I also feel like I saved my Russian from petco, I've been lucky he's been problem free. Only noticeable thing is his shell dent presumably from his shipping :( lil Franklin's lucky I got him, I'm not a perfect mommy but I am very good at giving him the best, sometimes spoiled life, possible. ... They were feeding pellet food and chopped tomatoes ... Neither are good things at all (tho when he gets his grape tomato treat 1-2 times a month he is super happy!)

AndreaRosie

5 Year Member
I'm sure you will give that tort a great home. He is lucky to have someone who looked at him and wanted to care for him. Most people would have passed him by for a healthier one.

Status
Not open for further replies.