Shelley Seems Sick!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamR

5 Year Member
Update:
I have continued the carrot soaks at least twice a day for 15-20 min and kept her outside with me as much as possible, but she still isn't moving much or eating on her own. I have been syringe feeding the gerber carrots and critical care and she has taken it fairly well. Her plastron is still soft and her legs are weak. I will continue all that I can to help her pull through. She seems to keep fighting so I remain hopeful.

TebowHammer,
Thank you for your help. I hope she keeps fighting. I have grown pretty attached to her and would be heartbroken if I lost her. I read your thread about your little one, I'm sorry the seller/breeder was so neglectful, it definitely was the best thing for the little one to be sent to you!

AdamR

5 Year Member
Extra Update:
For the first time in over a week I just saw a small poop! I hope this is a good sign (even though she pooped in her food bowl lol). Does anyone know if this is a good sign? I also finally located some terramycin and will begin that treatment today!

TebowHammer

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
You're very welcome, Adam...and thanks!

I know exactly what you mean. It's amazing how attached you can get to them in such a short amount of time. And seeing the condition Tebow was in only made us want to get him better that much more.

You really are doing an excellent job. Keep doing what you're doing and listen to the advice of everyone on the forum.

Wishing you and Shelley all the best,

Tyler

AdamR said:
Update:
I have continued the carrot soaks at least twice a day for 15-20 min and kept her outside with me as much as possible, but she still isn't moving much or eating on her own. I have been syringe feeding the gerber carrots and critical care and she has taken it fairly well. Her plastron is still soft and her legs are weak. I will continue all that I can to help her pull through. She seems to keep fighting so I remain hopeful.

TebowHammer,
Thank you for your help. I hope she keeps fighting. I have grown pretty attached to her and would be heartbroken if I lost her. I read your thread about your little one, I'm sorry the seller/breeder was so neglectful, it definitely was the best thing for the little one to be sent to you!

AdamR

5 Year Member
Final Update:
Shelley showed signs of improvement since starting the Terramycin. She kept her eyes open and wandered around a little. Unfortunately, Shelley died last night at 9:30ish. I had just taken a video of her moving around and when I came back she was gone.

TebowHammer

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
Aw man!!

Adam, I'm sorry to hear that. I know the feeling all too well. Just remember that you did everything you could. It was a valiant effort, but sometimes it just isn't meant to be.

It might be too soon, but Mikka and I got a new sulcata shortly after Tebow died. It helped heal the wounds.

Still thinking of you,

Tyler

Status
Not open for further replies.