should i get otis a roomie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

laura808

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
not able to leave comments for now
hi guys :D i have a 7-9 month old sulcata and i was wondering if it would be okay if i got another hatchling. my friends neighbor has tons of sulcatas and he offerd my friend [that also has a sulcata] free sulcata babies or a baby. He also said that im more than welcome to get one too. soooo i was wondering... do you think its a good idea, and what are youe thoughts about raising two sulcata hatchlings together that arnt brother and sister

-laura
p.s. i live in hawaii and have a big yard

Skyler Nell

5 Year Member
Southern CA
well I dont have sulcatas but most everyone on here usually suggests not to. Sometimes it works out fine, but you can have a lot of aggression problems especially if both are males and you may have lots of little ones in the future if you end up with a male/female. But this is just what I've picked up! Best of luck :)

Az tortoise compound

5 Year Member
Arizona
Aside from the space and food requirements you shouldn't have too hard a time raising them. You won't have an issue with male aggression for at least 5 years or so, as that comes on when they start to sexually mature. Of course after that you might need to separate them if it becomes a problem. In our yard there is an established hierarchy, very seldom do our males fight. maybe we are just lucky? I believe it is due to the fact there are substantial size differences in our males that are kept together. 32+" (too big to flip anymore), 26" and 20".
In short, go for it if you can provide for them.

laura808

5 Year Member
not able to leave comments for now
thanks guys! any more opinions?????

ok. so i have another question. is pretty pets food ok??? ive gotten mixed responses from different people, so is it good OR bad?? idk about u but it looks kinda yucky :p

Status
Not open for further replies.