Sick tort

Destben

Location (City and/or State)
Kansas
Hey guys,
My baby tort is still sick. I have another vet appointment scheduled for Monday, but I was wondering if you guys have any home remedies to recommend to help flush it from his/her system? He/She hasn’t lost weight, actually he/she doubled in weight since he/she got sick and is very active. His/Her tank is kept at between 80-85F ambient temp and the hot spot is 95-100F. The humidity is at 80% with a humid hide of 99% humidity (also kept at 86F at least).

Last edited:

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
I would love to help your leopard tort cause I love all my leopard torts . But I would have to know a lot more then she doubled in weight and the temps .
Post a pic of the tort and the enclosure , what’s it has eaten , how is it sick !

Destben

Kansas
I would love to help your leopard tort cause I love all my leopard torts . But I would have to know a lot more then she doubled in weight and the temps .
Post a pic of the tort and the enclosure , what’s it has eaten , how is it sick !

He/She has an RI and was on antibiotics for the past 3 weeks but it hasn’t cleared his/her system yet. He/she has another appointment on Monday with the vet. I temporarily have him/her in reptile tank until the closed chamber I ordered comes. I have cypress mulch and reptisoil as substrate. I have a strip light uvb bulb and 3 heat lamps (only two are used at a time) One is a basking lamp and the other two are ceramic.IMG_6221.jpg

Destben

Kansas
He/She has an RI and was on antibiotics for the past 3 weeks but it hasn’t cleared his/her system yet. He/she has another appointment on Monday with the vet. I temporarily have him/her in reptile tank until the closed chamber I ordered comes. I have cypress mulch and reptisoil as substrate. I have a strip light uvb bulb and 3 heat lamps (only two are used at a time) One is a basking lamp and the other two are ceramic.View attachment 223113

IMG_6459.jpg that’s her hide now she out grew the other

Destben

Kansas
View attachment 223114 that’s her hide now she out grew the other

IMG_6501.jpg
That’s him/her and she eats mazuri tortoise food, kale, spring mix, collard greens, and wheat grass. I am adjusting the diet to lean more towards grass and weeds (slowly) he/She is getting use to wheat grass now