Simon

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
Simon is a MainCoon and Norwegian Forest cat cross. He's 30 pounds now but was 34 when he came to live with me. The local animal adoption group was given him to euthanize because he has a slow growing melanoma growing in his right eye. He was only 6 years old and the group made the decision to talk to the family, who it turns out hates the cat. So they called me and y'all got to know I've never said no to helping any animal. So it's going on 3 years later and he is starting to be a decent being. He's declawed and don't touch those feet. Anyhow...when I first took Simon home I hadda confine him to one bedroom because the previous month I had adopted Smokey a 12 year old lover. So it has taken almost 3 years for Simon to develop a personality that is good. He's a goofball without a brain in his head. Oh...Smokey...I was afraid Smokey and Simon would hate each other, and it has taken a very long time this is what my bed looks when I am trying to read the paper...
100_1771.JPG
When my sister broke herself and I went to help her, she gave me for my cats some toys that her cats don't play with, and this red thing is one that is loved by Simon
100_1803.JPG
Evidently he has no clue how big he is...100_1801.JPG100_1770.JPG
I tried to get a picture showing his eye but they are so smart and both hate the camera, his right iris has lost all it's color and is just black...
100_1787.JPG100_1795.JPG
I really like him....

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Can the eye be removed? If not needed now, maybe in the future?
I have not gone to talked to his Vet yet. I seriously hoped for the slow growing part of this. But if I see something he's going to the Vet and extraction is my choice...Guess it's time to take my head outa the sand and do something...

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
I hope you have a Vet that specializes in eyes like we do in Richmond. He has done eye tucks on all the Chow Chows I have owned-4 since 2000.
Dr. Michael Blair
Dr. Blair has owned and operated Animal Eye Care of Richmond in 1999.
He graduated from Michigan State University College of Veterinary Medicine in 1994 with honors. He then completed a one-year rotating internship in small animal and equine medicine and surgery at Michigan State University. After internship he completed a three-year residency in Comparative Ophthalmology at Purdue University.
Dr. Blair also has a BS in Pharmacy and an MS in Pharmacology both from St. Johns University and he was a practicing Clinical Pharmacist for 13 years before going to vet school.