SIZE DOES MATTER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
HA ... GOT YA ! ...... " just an evening top shot'at the array of size in RF's...
This one during feeding time .
chowdy6.jpg

HAPPY TORT~N
JD;)

Nay

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Belchertown Ma
Hi, so you have them all together? Do you have a water source in there?
I am asking because I have a great outdoor enclosure and wondered if it was safe to put in a smaller tort with the 2 larger ones? My water gets about 8 inches deep at the deep part. The little one is about 5-6 inches. I am going to measure and post, it would be so great to have just one spot.
Also do you worry about the little ones getting enough food?
Thanks
NA

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Nay said:
Hi, so you have them all together? Do you have a water source in there?
I am asking because I have a great outdoor enclosure and wondered if it was safe to put in a smaller tort with the 2 larger ones? My water gets about 8 inches deep at the deep part. The little one is about 5-6 inches. I am going to measure and post, it would be so great to have just one spot.
Also do you worry about the little ones getting enough food?
Thanks
NA
The smallest torts in the pic , are " placed there " just for feeding.../vita time ....and of course the picture. I maintain the herd by size and seperate the smallest,who have there own seperate area. The main group is 6" - 13" ..... while anything 4" or so ... I keep in a different enclosure when not supervised.
One thing you may do if worried about your little torts and the waterdish , is to put rocks in the dish at a slight slope ... a Piece of flagstone works well and also wieghts down the dish to prevent tipping. Mexican beach pebbles are nice and smooth and work well too! ...
As far as the food .... ARE you KIDDING? ... My torts eat better than I do:p ...and I have a strict regiment on feeding times and diets.... they are truley .. " My family" ... I also enjoy the time spent with them and this allows me to see that each and everyone on a daily basis is getting the necessary intakes for a healthy life.
Happy Tort~ N ...
JD ~ :)

TORTOMANIA

5 Year Member
BUFFALO NY
i was wondering what exactly your main food staple is?
I am constantly trying to find better cheaper ways to feed my group

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
What a beautiful group, what was the occasion of the dinner party? A wedding or a birthday... :D

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
TORTOMANIA said:
i was wondering what exactly your main food staple is?
I am constantly trying to find better cheaper ways to feed my group

I really dont have a " main " staple ... My Rf's N Cherries recieve a variety of foods through out the week. All which include Red/green leaf lettuce , cacti pear.... A very small amount maybe once a week of varied fruits ... mango, berries ect., Mazuri (I soak it in warm water) , Hibiscus flowers, Rose pedals, and even Chunk Beef Dog food 2x a month.
I dont look for " cheap " when it comes to my animals...they are my family and passion. But I understand where your coming from. A neat thing to do is take walks around your area and look for edible * munchies for your torts ...ex: . Diff types of cacti, flowers, weeds .. There are great posts on here for info on edible plants for torts.
CHOwdyred.jpg

Happy Tort~N
JD~:)

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
terryo said:
They are all beautiful, but I'm loving the face on the big one in the top right hand corner.

" Dats the MAZURI " SMILE " :p

JD~:D

Status
Not open for further replies.