Snails and Greeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakkakth

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
norrath
As I'm preparing Tuck's outdoor enclosure I was wondering if I could put some salvaged snails in there as well? I save them from where I work since they kill them (or they get stepped on). That crunch in the morning is always a sad sound. :(

I saw a picture of a Redfoot eating a snail... Will my Greek eat them too... cause I'm really not helping them much if they just turn into dinner.. :) Or would the snails potentially cause any issues with my tort?

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
I have plenty of snails in my yard. I've never seen any of the Greeks eat the snails. They do though make good food for the box turtles. :D

Danny

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
I too have never seen my Greeks eat snails. Though one did bite into a big juicy white grub. Boy what a discusing look she got and she spit it out fast and kept making the, "Yuck that was nasty", ugly face. All I could do was Laugh I had never seen a tort make such a Yucky face and didn't know they could, before that. I still chuckle about it today. LOL
Though if you have plants in his enclosure the snails may make quick work of them.

sakkakth

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
norrath
The snails will just put the plants out of their misery before I get a chance to kill them myself. :) I've never had much like with plants. :( hehe

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
sakkakth said:
The snails will just put the plants out of their misery before I get a chance to kill them myself. :) I've never had much like with plants. :( hehe
But what about your Greek he might like to eat the plants?

Status
Not open for further replies.