Sneaky Squirrel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I had some apples setting on a table in the back yard, they have been there for about a week in a plastic bag, I removed them from the bag yesterday and today this guy spotted them and carried one up a tree and ate a little, when he had enough he went farther up the tree and put the apple in one of last years bird nest.Now we can wait and see if he remembers where he put it. Len

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The bird's nest picture made me chuckle. Silly wabbit...er...ah...squirrel!

APBT_Fanatic

5 Year Member
Southern California
Nay said:
This is how much I like squirrels!!
I posted this here a long time ago and can't figure out how to save it and put it on tinypic. I don't have this picture in my pictures on my computer. Anyone??

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/attachment.php?aid=437

2rhye6v.jpg

APBT_Fanatic

5 Year Member
Southern California

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Nay...right click your mouse on the picture and click on "save picture as", then they will give you an option where to put the picture. I always save a picture I like in "my pictures". Then you will have it on your comp.
Great pictures Len.
I love squirrels too. A Mom got hit by a car in front of my house and died, leaving two little babies in a tree. My neighbor and I fed them until they were able to fend for themselves. We haven't seen one of them, but the other one sits on my front porch all the time wating for food. She has become a neighborhood pet. So cute.

kimby37

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
That reminds me of a squirrel that ran into our back yard and up a tree with a goody bag. It was one that you fill for a kids birthday party. He was on a branch eating the candy that was in it. Was a funny sight to see.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Thanks for posting my pic.ABPT. It's always nicer to see it right away.
Terry , this was an old pic I posted here, and when I right click it , that's not an option. I sent it to myself to save it, it's the only one I have like that,any other suggestions?
We had one black squirrel, I was always so excited to see. Now 2 years later, I have a family!! They seem special.
That you tube was so funny, did you see the height that deer got???

Robert

5 Year Member
Galaxy far, far away...
Nay, are your black squirrels smaller than the average Gray Squirell? Ours are smaller. They almost look more like a Red Squirrel in size.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Some of those 'adverge' grey squirrels are like a Mack truck around here. Our blacks must be a combination, they aren't as small as those little cute reds. But I never see the blacks around the feeder. Those greys will just sit and eat and nothing bothers them! I will try and get a pic.
NAy

Mao Senpai

5 Year Member
North Carolina
Nay said:
Thanks for posting my pic.ABPT. It's always nicer to see it right away.
Terry , this was an old pic I posted here, and when I right click it , that's not an option. I sent it to myself to save it, it's the only one I have like that,any other suggestions?
We had one black squirrel, I was always so excited to see. Now 2 years later, I have a family!! They seem special.
That you tube was so funny, did you see the height that deer got???

Haha yeah I was like holy crap! It can really jump. There's also a drunk squirrel video that... really had me laughing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ikH9ZRcF2Q&playnext=1&list=PL6DC2050C5A4A7815

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Sorry but that squirrel was not drunk, it had what's called Geriatric vestibular. Dogs get it quite a bit, cats sometimes, I never knew squirrels got it but I would bet a million bucks it's not from pumpkins. The circling to the right, and if you watch close the head, you will see what's called a nystagmis(spelling??) in his eyes they skirt back and forth in rapid succession. Classic.
Sometimes when you know things it takes away the humor. Yeah just call me a bummer....
Nay

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
I know, I agree, and if the little thing can make it for a few days he should be OK. But they would be pretty vulnerable and probably get eaten, or hit.
Didn't mean anything to you of course..I mean saying it isn't funny.
Na

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think opossum get it too. Every so often I'll see one walking around in circles with his head sort of jerking.

Status
Not open for further replies.