So why not Tortoise paper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jermosh

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix, AZ
Just envision all that poo going for a environmentally friendly product. I really think there could be a market for this possibly.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Ummm...I think I will skip the poop paper, but I think if you have a vegitarian tortoise you should composed the poop. I try to but the poop is so tiny from my little guys:)

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
Actually, Tortoise paper most likely could work. My Mom has been to Thailand twice and brought back Elephant poo paper bookmarks and an elephant poo paper box. Before I knew what it was she handed it to me and asked if I liked it. I said I really did. The box was beautiful. I told her how I liked how the paper looked so organic and had texture. Then she went into hysterics. She told me to look at the bottom underside of the box. There was the label stating that it was made in Thailand entirely of elephant dung. So then, yes, I had to smell it. No smell. It was gorgeous. The bookmark was gorgeous too. it had a pressed flower at the top and was laminated. Gorgeous. So yeah, I think tortoise paper-especially Sulcata- would work nicely.

Jermosh

5 Year Member
Phoenix, AZ
Hmm, I think I am going to bring this up at the sanctuary. We certainly know we have enough poo.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Hmmmmmm...I'm thinking Tom and our other sulcata-fanatics could have a handy (and potentially profitable) side-project...a large sulcata could probably create enough paper to make a Dallas-sized phone book each month! :cool:

The trick, as I see it, would be effective marketing... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.