Soaking dish for smaller torts : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katherine

5 Year Member
Tis the season! Found some heavy plastic holiday platters on sale at Target that prove the perfect size for soaking smaller tortoises : ) Since they were only 3$ and seem durable I thought I'd share incase anyone else is looking for a soaking dish for their smaller kiddos. I will likely bury mine in the enclosure when I return from holiday travels as I don't usually soak these guys, just wanted to make sure they're well hydrated since my petsitter isn't here 24/7.

image-2286983322.png

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I use those pans they give you in the hospital for washing up. They're like small dish pans. The material is sort of flimsy, but the size is perfect.

Katherine

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
I use those pans they give you in the hospital for washing up. They're like small dish pans. The material is sort of flimsy, but the size is perfect.

Haha I have no idea what you're talking about but am imagining the look on a hospice patients face after finding a tortoise in his bedpan hahahahahahah. I usually use a babypool for hatchlings-yearlings because I can soak em all at once (lazy I know!) but am about to abandon them all for a while and wanted to individually observe everyone get a few good soaks and long drinks in hence the smaller dish.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Very seasonal and adds a dash of color to the enclosure. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.