SOAKING TIME !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rambo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make soaking time more enjoyable for your tortoise ? My 4 month old leopard absolutely HATES soaking, he sits there for 2 seconds then tries to escape all the time rubbing his nose against the container. It looks like he's getting stressed out whenever I give him a bath.I give him warm water in a circular disposable plastic glad container.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
its not natural to be picked up and placed in a water dish,, so some freak out by that.. some never like it. if you have water provided all the time and his enviroment is humid... you may not need it as much.. see what others say..

KingInCulver

5 Year Member
Southern California
I use an opaque soaking dish - that way my tort doesn't think he can walk through walls. Also I am constantly checking the temp in the tub with my temp gun - 85 is usually good enough, at 95 they tend to relax enough to eliminate bowels and bladder and seem to just sit there. Plus if you do a routine, your tort will get used to his bath time. Sometimes I hand feed him bits of cactus while he's in the tub, waiting for the bath timer to run out he eats it off my finger tip. :D

tickle

5 Year Member
Mine loves it now but it took time they get used to the ruteen after awhile if not as long as he loops or u can just put a shallow dish and hope he does it himself.soaking is more for hatchlings adults no when they want to soak just leave a shallow tub

TortoiseWorld

5 Year Member
Lisle Illinois
Hi,
How many minutes soaking time for a young hatchling tortoise? And how many minutes soaking time for a 6-12 month old tortoise? And what temprature should the water be?
Thanks

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
hi, i cant keep my cakes out of the water. maybe get a pool like my cakes have. will post a picture of their pool in a min. or so. momo

6ba868e1.jpg
and here you go. snip in his pool. merry x-mas!

tinkerbell1189

5 Year Member
Maybe put a bit of food in with him and he can have a munch at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.