soaking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtle crazy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NM
Does anyone soak there pankakes? How often? I have only had mine a little over a month. I have soaked mine about once a week. Its great for making them go to the bathroom. They eat right after so I dont think it stresses them too much. They sure go a lot for their size.

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
I do, about once a week. I also lightly spray their enclosure twice a day. I have 2 males and 4 females. With the exception of two of the females, all the others will eagerly drink each time I water them and show no signs of stress when being placed in the tempid water.

They're definitely eating & pooping machines! I think when you compare the size of the tortoise to the amount of food they eat, my Pancakes eat twice as much as any of my other tortoise species!

turtle crazy

5 Year Member
NM
thanks for the info I seem to be right on track then.

earthyman71

5 Year Member
Columbus, Ohio
i've got two males and i soak them once a week when i clean out their pen and add more water to their substrate. also, a few times a week i'll set them in their water dish in the mornings to hydrate a bit. sometimes they love to just sit there for a bit and other times they have other things to do! i also mist regularly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.