Sometimes life sucks

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
Generally speaking I'm pretty much of a realist. But sometimes life just sucks. Last May 3rd, 5 days before my birthday, my big Maincoon very unexpected died. He was only 11. I adopted him when he was 8 his people didn't like him and he had what I was told was a slow melanoma in his right eye. When I got him his iris was yellow in, 3 years it had turned completely brown. The cancer had metastasized to his bladder and filled it. He died in my arms. In October my 16 year old Smokey died. Just got sick and died. I don't even know what to say...he was supposed to live to be 20. This is SimonDSCN1122.JPG
This is Smokey. He was my buddy. He went on road trips and was such a good guy. The first time we drove to my sister's place he settled right in and wasn't even afraid of Misty...he's looking right thru the camera...I miss him so...DSCN1123.JPG
I was just not going to be without a cat. So I fostered a litter for Heartland and he was the runt...Solid gray short haired...I named him Little Sh#t....DSCN1121.JPG
and right now some redneckky sounding person is bringing me a pure white long hair blue eyed female from Eugene.You never can replace a beloved pet, but you can take what you learned from your dead friend and just go on. Oh and I also got a Russian blue a couple of months ago....The crazy cat ladyDSCN1127.JPG

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Generally speaking I'm pretty much of a realist. But sometimes life just sucks. Last May 3rd, 5 days before my birthday, my big Maincoon very unexpected died. He was only 11. I adopted him when he was 8 his people didn't like him and he had what I was told was a slow melanoma in his right eye. When I got him his iris was yellow in, 3 years it had turned completely brown. The cancer had metastasized to his bladder and filled it. He died in my arms. In October my 16 year old Smokey died. Just got sick and died. I don't even know what to say...he was supposed to live to be 20. This is SimonView attachment 363866
This is Smokey. He was my buddy. He went on road trips and was such a good guy. The first time we drove to my sister's place he settled right in and wasn't even afraid of Misty...he's looking right thru the camera...I miss him so...View attachment 363867
I was just not going to be without a cat. So I fostered a litter for Heartland and he was the runt...Solid gray short haired...I named him Little Sh#t....View attachment 363868
and right now some redneckky sounding person is bringing me a pure white long hair blue eyed female from Eugene.You never can replace a beloved pet, but you can take what you learned from your dead friend and just go on. Oh and I also got a Russian blue a couple of months ago....The crazy cat ladyView attachment 363869
What did you do????!!!! that looks like a Razberri to me... you know a bunny 🐇IMG_20231202_061557868.jpgthis Is Dilly hanging out on his doggie bed 😁