South East Louisiana near Bayou de Families

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mey

5 Year Member
From SE Louisiana near Bayou de Families. New to the forum and somewhat new to Tortoises. We were very excited three years ago when we adopted a +/-23 year young mail "African" tortoise. What a story, but for another time!
Seeing where we live, you will know that we have to evacuate for storms. Nelson the Tortoise makes a journey to his Aunt and Uncle's house where he can be safe from the flooding. Aunt and Uncle have two girls that were very welcoming to Nelson last summer! This spring one lady laid eggs several times, well we are now excited to be grandparents of hatchlings just this past weekend. To be honest, we didn't think any would survive! But we are so very happy!
So here I am! I am excited to have access to great info on the hatchlings and hope to be able to tell our stories that may help someone else.

Nelson's Gardener,
Mey

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Mey, and welcome to the Forum!!

I'd love to see pictures of Nelson, his "girls" and the young uns.

NickWag

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mandeville, LA
Welcome, "neighbor!" I live in Mandeville. Just got my first tort about a month ago.

Mey

5 Year Member
So we have 17 hatchlings total. Three were hatched very small and with warped shells. They seem to be evening out and growing at the same pace as although still smaller than the symmetrical ones so I am not worrying. I will post pictures when I get time. Which is in about 3 weeks. Studying for a state licensure exam and am absolutely crazy with activity right now.

Anyhow, thank you for your warm welcome everyone!

Also, posting a new topic "Help with Tick Info Please" for a friend who cannot access computer right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.