Spamming...

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stells

This forum really needs an approved anti spamming procedure put into place... it is getting quite annoying...

I have also noticed that all that is done about it is the links are taken out of the sig... the posters are banned... but the post is left behind.... making the forum have alot of threads started by banned members jumbling it up..

There must be something that can be done...

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
We currently use a version of Captcha to prevent bots from registering. Is there something else you know of that we can use to prevent spam from being posted?
Spam threads should just be deleted... If you (or anyone else) comes across such a thread, can you report it so that it can be removed?

dannomite

5 Year Member
I think CAPTCHA is the best way for bots for sure, I have a couple friends who code with PHP and they use CAPTCHA as well...I don't think there is really a way of stopping Humans from registering and then spamming other then having Mods approve every post which would be a full time job lol

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think today's spammer's posts were left behind because they had some good information in them. However, I have since sent them to the "to be deleted" file because they really didn't pertain to tortoises, rather to human or cat/dog nutrition. However, I left the ferret one...don't know why! :(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, Jordan...the early bird catches the worm!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
spam spam spam spam spam spam spam

Status
Not open for further replies.