[split] Food

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason g.

5 Year Member
Hi guys. This seems like a good thread to ask this question. I was wondering if there was a list of some of the veggies my lil sulcata can eat. When I bought him I was told all wrong how to care for him Ive got most all issues fixed but the whole food thing. I seem to see alot of differences in opinions on what is good for them. When I got him he was being fed romaine lettuce and fruit with some zoo Med grassland tortoise food. I was told I should never feed them fruit and romaine lettuce wasn't good for them either. Well I don't give him no fruit and I started giving him alfalfa hay and and the zoo meds grassland tortoise food. But hes hooked on romaine lettuce bad. He looks great health wise but I just worry. He's my first tortoise and I have to say I'm hooked I love my little guy. ;)

DanaLachney

5 Year Member
RE: Food

jason g. said:
Hi guys. This seems like a good thread to ask this question. I was wondering if there was a list of some of the veggies my lil sulcata can eat. When I bought him I was told all wrong how to care for him Ive got most all issues fixed but the whole food thing. I seem to see alot of differences in opinions on what is good for them. When I got him he was being fed romaine lettuce and fruit with some zoo Med grassland tortoise food. I was told I should never feed them fruit and romaine lettuce wasn't good for them either. Well I don't give him no fruit and I started giving him alfalfa hay and and the zoo meds grassland tortoise food. But hes hooked on romaine lettuce bad. He looks great health wise but I just worry. He's my first tortoise and I have to say I'm hooked I love my little guy. ;)

Thetortoisetable.org.UK is very helpful also you could pm Arizona Sulcata and ask him what too feed them I have it written down but not near me right now. I was gonna get a Sulcata from Austin (Arizona Sulcata) but chose a Dalmatian Hermann's instead for now then I'm gonna get me a sully later :D

jason g.

5 Year Member
RE: Food

Me and Rowdy says thanks for the help. He especially appreciates it.
2012-02-24_13-06-27_84-1.jpg

2012-02-24_13-06-20_718-1.jpg

HtVic

5 Year Member
hey emysemys
the link you provided, can i use it as hermann's food list

Status
Not open for further replies.