[split] Pyramiding w/ Pics ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhu2154

5 Year Member
I brought Orson home 2 months ago from a reputable pet shop here in San Diego. I did lots of my own research prior to bringing him home, but like many people on this forum, I got bad advice about humidity levels. Thanks to this forum and good old fashion book learnin' I knew the salesman was full of crap.

I follow a pretty strict regimen of outside time, temp., humidity, soaking, diet, etc. but I, like most of the awesome tortoise lovers on this forum am concerned about pyramiding. While Orson was eating his morning dandelion I snapped this pic.

Whadya think??

Attachments

• Orson.jpg
    Orson.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 139

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
The pic is very small, but he looks absolutely fine to me.

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, dhu2154!

Orson looks very nice. So far a pretty smooth carapace. Your routine must be working.

Vincentdhr

5 Year Member
Which store? Was it Pet Kingdom? I only ask because I also live in San Diego and the only pet shop that I have ever seen selling Sulcatas is Pet Kingdom.

dhu2154

5 Year Member
Vincentdhr said:
Which store? Was it Pet Kingdom? I only ask because I also live in San Diego and the only pet shop that I have ever seen selling Sulcatas is Pet Kingdom.

Yes. I bought him at Pet Kingdom.

You live in San Diego? We should exchange contact info. It would be great to meet a local sulcata enthusiast!!

Kalgodric

5 Year Member
I was going to ask what pet store you got him at too, I also live in San Diego but we got Bodhi at South Bay Tropical in Chula Vista, unfortunatly we got the wrong info like you did and poor Bodhi spent the first few months of his life with little to no humidity, thats to the people on this forum we quickly changed that and hes much happier now...at let you found this place and can start to help your friend live a happy and healthy life :)

Status
Not open for further replies.