Springtime In New Orleans

thea lester

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Orleans, LA
Caught these two salbath.jpg mating yesterday before the storm that rolled in last night and brought us yet another cold-snap. Sophia may be as old as 60? I've had her 29 years, wasn't sure she was even still in the lovemaking game! Absolutely thrilled about it
Everybody came out of hibernation in excellent health: good appetites, weight, clear eyes, noses, breathing. Juanita wouldn't float in the soaking baths at first, but she's bobbing around with the best of 'em now.
Hibernation was really stressful for me this year as Sophia had been so sick last summer and then we had a very cold nasty winter (for us). All my hibiscus plants died etc...
I really debated about hibernating Sophia. It was not an easy decision to make. Having had her all these years, I just felt like were I to keep her indoors she would've suffered. She is not a happy container-camper.
Loving the Forum update, so glad to be back after a long winter of waiting

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Loving the picture! I'm glad to see the couple doing so well after a wacky winter.

Bibbit

5 Year Member
Dallas, Texas
Great picture and 29 years is awesome. I find I worry about mine no matter how I hibernate them. Here's hoping the cold snaps are finally over.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Great photo! I'm just across the lake in Covington!