Squeaking noises?

Pure Tortoise Power

Location (City and/or State)
Hong Kong
This has happened for a while when I had the smaller enclosure, I know I'm a bit late to post a thread about this, but at first I didn't think it was a big deal, but then I thought, it's better safe than sorry. Anyway, during its night sleep, it makes some pretty loud squeaking noises, but that has rarely happened, only like 3 to 4 times during its stay with me (about 2.5 months). It has never done that in its noon to afternoon naps. I don't know if I should be concerned about this. Any ideas? Thanks for helping in advance.

Reptilony

QC, CAN
Could this be some kind of respiratory disease???

Could be...Any other signs? Mine sometimes makes a sound in the night probably just while moving it’s head in and out of her shell. What is your minimal temp and where is your sensor located in the enclosure?

Pure Tortoise Power

Hong Kong
Could be...Any other signs? Mine sometimes makes a sound in the night probably just while moving it’s head in and out of her shell. What is your minimal temp and where is your sensor located in the enclosure?
Back in the old smaller enclosure, the temps were 27, 34 and 38 celcius. One at the furthest end from the heat lamp. One on the wall of the warm side(not directly next to the lamp). My lamp was hung inside the enclosure. I actually have 2 lamps. One is a nighttime lamp 75 watt. It's on the entire time. The other is ceramic lamp. It's put on the metal mesh. Its purpose is just to light up the enclosure and heat it up 2 to 3 celcius during daytime.

Pure Tortoise Power

Hong Kong
No other signs, no bubbles coming out of nose, nostril isn't wet. It does move its 4 legs in and out of the shell when it's lying down, well when someone walks close. I guess it's just an act of being nervous? Back when I first got it when it was winter and I wasn't able to provide an optional environment yet, that did happen when it was asleep, but now it doesn't do that anymore, only does when someone walks close as mentioned. Could there be anymore signs that I might be missing?

Pure Tortoise Power

Hong Kong
I will observe more for a week or so since it has moved to a new enclosure. It may stop squeaking since I believe the conditions are a lot better in that bigger enclosure. I haven't heard it squeaking since it has moved in. But like I said the first time, it has only done that 3 to 4 times within 2.5 months.

Reptilony

QC, CAN
Back in the old smaller enclosure, the temps were 27, 34 and 38 celcius. One at the furthest end from the heat lamp. One on the wall of the warm side(not directly next to the lamp). My lamp was hung inside the enclosure. I actually have 2 lamps. One is a nighttime lamp 75 watt. It's on the entire time. The other is ceramic lamp. It's put on the metal mesh. Its purpose is just to light up the enclosure and heat it up 2 to 3 celcius during daytime.

I think you meant to say the 75 watt light is on during the day because ceramics bulbs do not produce any light. If you have a light that is on all night I would suggest removing it to give the tort some darkness. Also, Im using Celcius too because im in Canada but most members use F’s so if you want more people to be able to give you advice on temperature I suggest you convert to F’s on the forum. Your temps looks warm enough, maybe put the minimum 2F higher just to make sure there’s no secret cold spot.

Pure Tortoise Power

Hong Kong
I think you meant to say the 75 watt light is on during the day because ceramics bulbs do not produce any light. If you have a light that is on all night I would suggest removing it to give the tort some darkness. Also, Im using Celcius too because im in Canada but most members use F’s so if you want more people to be able to give you advice on temperature I suggest you convert to F’s on the forum. Your temps looks warm enough, maybe put the minimum 2F higher just to make sure there’s no secret cold spot.
Oh my I was typing so fast that I didn't know what I was typing. The 75 watt light is on only during daytime and the ceramic nighttime lamp is on throughout the entire day. That's what I was meant to say. The enclosure is dark at night. Sorry for the confusion there.

Reptilony

QC, CAN
Oh my I was typing so fast that I didn't know what I was typing. The 75 watt light is on only during daytime and the ceramic nighttime lamp is on throughout the entire day. That's what I was meant to say. The enclosure is dark at night. Sorry for the confusion there.

Okok that make sense lol. When my baby showed signs of ri’s I upped the minimal temperature and the symptoms went away, it doesn’t hurt to put your minimum temp to 82 instead of 80 just to make sure there isn’t any coldest spot your sensor might not be getting.

Pure Tortoise Power

Hong Kong
Okok that make sense lol. When my baby showed signs of ri’s I upped the minimal temperature and the symptoms went away, it doesn’t hurt to put your minimum temp to 82 instead of 80 just to make sure there isn’t any coldest spot your sensor might not be getting.
80 is 27 in celcius right?