[Squirt Update: January 2012.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Missouri

If I do say so myself, I'd say it's been QUITE AWHILE since a Squirt update! Actually only 2 months.. but he's changed so much it seems like it should be longer. Last update he was just over 200 grams and now he's at about 390 grams! He enjoyed our vacation in the warm Florida sun right after Christmas and he is still thriving in his mansion enclosure and utilizes EVERY INCH of it. Still eating, pooping, sleeping, and terrorizing as much as ever. Squirt finally graduated himself into his bigger sleeping hide box on his own, I was beginning to think we'd have to force him into it.. you'll see why below..
As always enjoy the pics and feel free to leave comments, suggestions, or any questions. :D
-C

Squirt about 6 months ago (for comparison) in his after bath towel.

2cak51.jpg

Squirt last week.. in his after bath towel (may have to upgrade to a hand towel)

16ixyz7.jpg

Enjoying the Florida sun in December

2vvrv61.jpg

Up close and personal

rsd8q1.jpg

The pink made for a good background, but still hoping for a boy :D

2ytp7w8.jpg

And this is why we almost had to take his hide away.. he insisted on sleeping in there until he couldn't anymore. Even now he still digs the dirt out of it everyday. (again this is not the only hide box he has to sleep in, he just chose this one until he could no longer fit) :D

2i0r6s3.jpg

Again thanks for looking!

jkingler

5 Year Member
Does Squirt get sullen about not being able to fit in there? LOL. Too funny. Very nice looking Sully you've got there. :D

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Sometimes I think they prefer the spots that they have to squeeze into....

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Squirt is looking so smooth! Great job! He is so cute too!

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
He definitely gets really mad when he can't fit in there.. which is usually when he reverses out and starts digging so he can fit, he's actually really smart for that. Thank you everyone.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Squirt is a good looker! Cooper does the same thing, his current hide box (at the time) seems to be like his best friend even if he has to squeeze into it, so now I just make them all out of the same thing and he seems to take to them with in a night, its either that or no hide at all, I do the tough love approach on that. But if I leave the old one and the new one he will pick the older, smaller one. Thanks for share'n all the great pic's! :)

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
cemmons12 said:
Squirt is a good looker! Cooper does the same thing, his current hide box (at the time) seems to be like his best friend even if he has to squeeze into it, so now I just make them all out of the same thing and he seems to take to them with in a night, its either that or no hide at all, I do the tough love approach on that. But if I leave the old one and the new one he will pick the older, smaller one. Thanks for share'n all the great pic's! :)

Definitely funny how their minds work! Thank you!

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri

WELL Squirt officially hit 1lb today! Actually 460 grams to be exact! And is now 5" SCL! We have been waiting for this day since we got him! :D Just thought I would share the news - bad quality photo but here he is on his special day!
-C

15qylxl.jpg

marcy4hope

10 Year Member!
Missouri
sulcatasquirt, awesome looking sulcata. i live just 1 to 1 1/2 hours from st. louis. loved your update on going to st. louis zoo, i'm going to check that out. nice to "meet" someone else in the area!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.