squishy's new home

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaden21

5 Year Member
this set up is 2 feet by 4 feet, made of good quality plywood, 1" x2" for the frame. screws, celack, and silicone. then cut a hole for her water dish yes it is a deviled egg container.. the only one i could find that wasn't too deep. she seems to enjoy it.. im in the process of getting more rocks for her. cypress mulch used for substrate, and her hide away is a cardboard box cut out for her.. that will soon be replaced... also 2 edible plants from the pet store. the one is recovering she seems to like to eat the other one... im in the process of growing food for her but im having issues... however i live right behind a farmers market they have discounted greens which is very nice for me.. squishy seems to love her new home. she still tries to climb keep going in her corners. idk why.... i guess its a tortoise thing... i sprinkle her food once a week with calcium, and on nice cool days still take her outside... but all in all she seems to love it... her new home was fairly easy and cheap to construct. im really happy i did this for her... View attachment 5175View attachment 5176View attachment 5177DSCI0025.JPGView attachment 5179
The rock was taken out cuz she was eating them and i was scared it would kill her...

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Jaden21:

Welcome to the forum!! You've made a really nice home for Squishy, and she's a very pretty tortoise.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I am so jelous of people that know how to build things! Welcome!!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
gyang333 said:
When I saw this thread title, I got deja vu. And then I realized, my tortoise and yours has the same name...
http://tortoiseforum.org/thread-12398.html

Yes! Commander Squishy! I also thought it must be the same tortoise...well, I suppose it just proves one can never have too many tortoises...we have a lot of Dozers and Tanks and we love them all. :D

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Welcome to the forum! Your tort is gorgeous and that's a great enclosure :)

Status
Not open for further replies.