Star Tortoise Information Thread

ben32hayt

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Long Island, New York
frankie22 said:
I tried amazon but can't seem to find it, it just brings up the leopards and sulcatas book up xx I'll keep trying thank you :)

Hi I'm trying to pm you but it won't send, are you sure?? That is very generous of you thank you xx my boyfriend has 3 stars xx

Here's his stars xx

I'm not sure why it won't appear Here is the link to where I purchased it from, if you don't get the book from Savethetortoise try this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0978755626/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

ben32hayt said:
frankie22 said:
I tried amazon but can't seem to find it, it just brings up the leopards and sulcatas book up xx I'll keep trying thank you :)

Hi I'm trying to pm you but it won't send, are you sure?? That is very generous of you thank you xx my boyfriend has 3 stars xx

Here's his stars xx

I'm not sure why it won't appear Here is the link to where I purchased it from, if you don't get the book from Savethetortoise try this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0978755626/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York
Ben, I will send you a culture sheet that you can follow. It should help you with the proper info regarding care of your Star. She/he is sill a beautiful Star, and as long as s/he is eating, pooping and is active, all is well. You can't change the shell, but s/he is a Star and that is a wonderful thing! All Stars are BEAUTIFUL! Good Luck!

Also, read up on all the great info Pat wrote on this thread.

~C

Hi Ann, My SL Star's also came from Larry G., and sure enough, River (my male) did show his "stuff" the other day and he is indeed a male. Larry does a great job with his hatchlings! River is my star eating the flower.

frankie22

5 Year Member
Sorry for being a pain, me being a numpty I've been told we have this book at home it's the leopard one that we were struggling to get xx but thank you save the tortoise for offering it's very sweet xx
ImageUploadedByTortForum1383503491.750573.jpg
This is the one I'm struggling to get? Anyone got any ideas as I'm in the uk xx

Last edited by a moderator:

TortoiseWorld

5 Year Member
Lisle Illinois

Here's his stars xx

[/quote]

Their gorgeous!
I will send the book this week.

Okay, glad you found it, I know someone else who could use this book, best wishes.

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
SWFL
Re: RE: Star Tortoise Information Thread

SaveTheTortoise said:
Hi Ann,
how many stars do you have, any pic to share?

I have 3 SL stars females from Larry G. and getting some Burmese stars soon.

This is my little guy, Jeff. He is about 3.5 inches. I am looking for a mate or two for him. Maybe 4 to 5 inches at this point.
We are moving to FL in the next year or two. Trying to get a head start on a breeding colony.

Attachments

• 1383531744393.jpg
    1383531744393.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 70

TortoiseWorld

5 Year Member
Lisle Illinois
AnnV said:
SaveTheTortoise said:
Hi Ann,
how many stars do you have, any pic to share?

I have 3 SL stars females from Larry G. and getting some Burmese stars soon.

This is my little guy, Jeff. He is about 3.5 inches. I am looking for a mate or two for him. Maybe 4 to 5 inches at this point.
We are moving to FL in the next year or two. Trying to get a head start on a breeding colony.

Seems like everyone is moving to FL.

He's a beauty :)

Lewis

Neal said:
Send me an email via my TFO profile and I'll send you a PDF copy of 7 case studies that I have found interesting related to Indian Star Tortoises. Sorry, I do not have a URL for these studies, I only have them in PDF form.

Looks like I can only fit one attachment here.

Hello Neal. I am really interested in those studies. May I have a copy?

Regards.