TortandHare

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Kansas City, Missouri
20120122_145447.jpg

20120122_145437.jpg

20120122_145431.jpg

20120122_145347.jpg

Needed a project this weekend. Stewie has gained quite a bit of space.

Irwin4530

5 Year Member
Looks nice...like the humidity!
how are you ligting it....as far as the top is concerned 9 I am assuming it is also plastic? can you describe it for us?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Looks good.:D I have change my enclosure several times since I got him way back in May. A month or so ago I got it where everything is doing what it is suppose to and he seems very happy and healthy. But I keep getting the urge to change it. I find it so much fun and I love watching him explore when it is new. I am think of enlarging again with a second level. Still just in the thinking mode for now.

TortandHare

5 Year Member
Kansas City, Missouri
It is plastic. I cut out two holes just big enough to hold the lights. Have a mvb on one side and just a plain incandescent on the other. There is insulation (the foil type) on the top (inside) and outside on the back. Secured with duct tape...then also taped around the holes for the lights.

wellington said:
Looks good.:D I have change my enclosure several times since I got him way back in May. A month or so ago I got it where everything is doing what it is suppose to and he seems very happy and healthy. But I keep getting the urge to change it. I find it so much fun and I love watching him explore when it is new. I am think of enlarging again with a second level. Still just in the thinking mode for now.

Understand this completely. Stewie has had 4 enclosures in the 15 months I have had him. Also planning a tort table for the back deck for when the weather warms up. In the plus side, I am learning a lot :) and I enjoy the projects.

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Mesa, AZ
Looks great! Be sure the tort still gets a trip outside at least once a week.

TortandHare

5 Year Member
Kansas City, Missouri
Arizona Sulcata said:
Looks great! Be sure the tort still gets a trip outside at least once a week.

Well since I live in Missouri, the trips outside are pretty limited right now. Can't wait til it warms up and he can play in the yard again.

Brittany6

5 Year Member
Very nice!!!! I think when Genevieve out grows her encloser, I will make her a home similar to yours :)

TortandHare

5 Year Member
Kansas City, Missouri
Brittany6 said:
Very nice!!!! I think when Genevieve out grows her encloser, I will make her a home similar to yours :)

I would recommend picking up a Christmas tree box now...or waiting til they come out next year. They are almost impossible to find at any other time. ( at least in my experience) although you have some time...Genevieve is still a little tike.

Brittany6

5 Year Member
I'm lucky, my husbands the manager of the Christmas tree shoppe, so he can order them anytime of year :)

Status
Not open for further replies.