Sticky Gnat traps?

MidwestyB

Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
Hey all. Does anyone know if it’s safe to put sticky gnat traps inside a tortoise enclosure? These particular traps stick to glass so I can keep them far out of reach of my tort. We have an infestation in our closed chamber.
Thanks!

Attachments

• 1F857FC9-EA9D-4A87-B64F-7BC637C22DA1.png
    1F857FC9-EA9D-4A87-B64F-7BC637C22DA1.png
    386.9 KB · Views: 1

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I use those (different manufacturer) in my acrylic tank high up the side, close to the light. It works.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'll bet if you lift things that are sunk into the substrate, like the feeding tile, any decor or pots, but especially around the feeding area, you'll see an abundance of gnat maggots.

Far as I know, the sticky traps don't put off any gasses, but you can contact the manufacturer to be sure.

MidwestyB

Iowa
I'll bet if you lift things that are sunk into the substrate, like the feeding tile, any decor or pots, but especially around the feeding area, you'll see an abundance of gnat maggots.

Far as I know, the sticky traps don't put off any gasses, but you can contact the manufacturer to be sure.
Should I dump it all and start fresh??

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Up to you. It's a fact of life in closed enclosures. I just live with it. Keep it clean, picking up daily any food not eaten.