Still Stressed I Think

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrayPeaceGod

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Naples, Florida
If you read my previous post, you'd understand how he first got all stressed out (car ride).

Anyways, it's been a couple of days. He's still sort of stressed. Everything's almost back to normal, except, whenever I take him out to hold him or even set him down for a second, he poops or pees. It seems like ever since that car ride, he's always been scared. I feel so bad about it, and I don't know what to do. He's eating, preforming bodily functions (obviously), and sleeping plenty. I hope that the car ride didn't have a permanent effect on the little guy? I heard that stress can even be fatal in some cases . . .

Please reply on what you think is happening and what I should do!

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
let him be. Dont hold him or take him out for now.
THink of what that is to them... a huge Monster,, picking you up and taking you out of your home, and placing you somewhere strange... build his trust, by feeding and standing nearby and talking.. Touch, but dont pick up. Then start by picking him up and moving him within his enclosure..

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I think Laura already gave great advice. I don't know of anything else to add, except patience.

PrayPeaceGod

5 Year Member
Naples, Florida
Laura said:
let him be. Dont hold him or take him out for now.
THink of what that is to them... a huge Monster,, picking you up and taking you out of your home, and placing you somewhere strange... build his trust, by feeding and standing nearby and talking.. Touch, but dont pick up. Then start by picking him up and moving him within his enclosure..

He loves being hand-fed. :p He's such a pig! I'll try to not pick him up too much, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.