Strawberries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego, CA
Is Ernie allowed to have strawberries? He's a Russian tort, by the way. Picked myself some up at the farmers market and am wondering if I can share them with my little buddy =]

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I give my russians the tops of them which usually have some fruit left on them, not a lot but a few once or twice a month won't hurt.

moswen

5 Year Member
strawberries are safe! but like all fruit, in moderation! and that's a good idea dmmj about the strawberry tops, i never thought of that!

S

smithdoge

Strawberries are safe! but like all fruit, in moderation! and that's a good idea dmmj about the strawberry tops, i never thought of that!

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
I never feed my Russian any kind of fruit except cactus...I try to keep the diet as natural as possible, and have heard fruit can cause parasite blooms. What they don't know exists they won't miss...its just us owners who think they need the treats, when they also enjoy the healthy stuff like cactus, squash, and flowers. Beware of the pesticides used too. Organic is best.

H

Happy

Strawberries are good for tortoise .I gave Strawberries t my tortoise .
(Spam link removed by moderator)

B

barry.marksman

Garden strawberry, strawberry × ananassa, is a hybrid species, it is the world's total cultivated parts of fruit, (general) strawberries. The fruits are widely appreciated, mainly for its characteristic aroma, but also because it is bright red, which is a lot of consumption, either fresh or prepared foods such as preserves, juices, pies, ice cream, milkshakes.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
I never feed my tortoise fruit either. Like Kate said, they don't need treats and sugary things that aren't good for them.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't know what has attracted the spammers to this subject, but three is a little excessive, don't you think?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Most spammers I know are trying to sell stuff, it is pretty funny though to read some of their posts, I am glad you mods leave them they give me quite a chuckle sometimes.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yeah, we delete the advertising link but leave the post. I especially like the ones where the spammer has used an online translator. Those make almost no sense at all!

John

5 Year Member
my leopards enjoy a good milkshake once in awhile

R

racyhall11

I could not wait to try Strawberry Fruit Bars by Frostar. When I unwrapped the first Strawberry Fruit Bars by Frostar. When I took a bite into one of these frozen fruit bars though, what I got was just something that had a mildly satisfying strawberry flavor. It is very lovely ans the taste of it is marvellous and great.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Geez, more spam on the strawberry thread? Are we going for a record here? :p

smithdoge said:
Strawberries are safe! but like all fruit, in moderation! and that's a good idea dmmj about the strawberry tops, i never thought of that!

I'm curious mods, how did you know that was spam?

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
Strawberries are delicious, I remember eating my first mildly satisfying berry. It was a farmed-raused full of juicy juice. Tasty texture and healthy choice for the whole family.

Wait, I think I may have just written my first spam. :p There's something about this thread that made me do it...can't quite put my finger on what though. ;)

Please don't ban me.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
ChiKat said:
I'm curious mods, how did you know that was spam?

Because they put a hyperlink in their signature advertising some product or another. If you were to get to the post before one of the moderators, you would see it, but we try to remove them quickly before anyone can click on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.