Substrate and Humidity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sophietortilla

5 Year Member
Hello!

I am a proud owner of a beautiful little Greek tortoise (spur thigh in England!) I've only had him for 3 weeks-he's two years old.
I am keeping in the substrate tortoise life (a mix of soil, sand and limestone) first question is...is this OK? And second question is, should I be spraying my tortie and the substrate or not? I thought they liked dry surroundings-but it seems people spray their tortoise and substrate? (I do give him baths every other day to keep him hydrated).

An tips and advice will be greatly appreciated!

:)

biochemnerd808

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Central Arkansas (we moved!)
Spraying your tort, and making sure the substrate is just a little moist is a good idea. YES, Greeks (and Russians) are desert tortoises, but in their burrows, the humidity is actually quite high.

sophietortilla said:
Hello!

I am a proud owner of a beautiful little Greek tortoise (spur thigh in England!) I've only had him for 3 weeks-he's two years old.
I am keeping in the substrate tortoise life (a mix of soil, sand and limestone) first question is...is this OK? And second question is, should I be spraying my tortie and the substrate or not? I thought they liked dry surroundings-but it seems people spray their tortoise and substrate? (I do give him baths every other day to keep him hydrated).

An tips and advice will be greatly appreciated!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.