Sulcata hatchling

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hello Tom. Can you take a pic of the 4x8 chamber in your garage? My neighbor is very handy and is going to help me build something. Time to get out of the tortoise box.
Those have been removed and taken apart. I don't have the pics anymore, and the pic I posted here are gone since tinypic shut down.

I don't use wood anymore. Too many problems. I use Animal Plastics enclosures now, or have @Markw84 make one for me. @Sterant did a great thread on making one yourself too:https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/b...-pvc-enclosed-chamber-–-for-beginners.159220/

Robivens

Columbus Ohio

mastershake

5 Year Member
Florida
sheet pvc works well as long as they are not to big and when you glue it its sealed very well. its pricey so most dont use it. on our wooden enclosures i use polcrylic to seal the wood as much as possible i do usually three coats and let it air for a good solid 10 days this imo helps keep moisture on the walls instead of being absorbed at all. and its easily touched up when needs from them rubbing on the walls when needed. for our main enclosures we use the plastic planter beds stacked and sealed between with aquarium silicone. they come with a clear lid with a zipper. i use velcro all the way around. while its not 100% air tight we can keep humidity around 78-90% at all times with a misting system that drips down the sides on the walls when needed.