Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Babies are about ready to go now. These babies are started well hydrated and fed a wide variety from day one. People who buy my babies comment on how easy it is to get them to eat any new food and how healthy and active they are. They get soaked daily from the day they leave their egg, and they get ample time in a humid brooder box to absorb their yolk sacs and learn what to eat. Once they are eating well and their umbilical scars are closed up, they move to a regular enclosure. They get sunshine daily for about an hour, and a nice warm soak after their sunning session.

These babies are out of Daisy and Trey, who were raised from hatchlings by me with humid hydrated methods themselves.

I spend a lot of extra time making sure everything is perfect for these babies. I go the extra mile, and then some, to insure they get a tremendous variety of foods in their first few weeks. This makes the new keepers life much easier, and the babies that much healthier. To date these guys have been eating several species of grass, dandelion, mallow, mulberry, grape, and hollyhock leaves, lavatera leaves and flowers, white and crimson clover, alfalfa, italian dandelion, opuntia pads of several varieties, african hibiscus, sunflower leaves and petals, squash leaves and blooms, hibiscus, wild mustard leaves, broadleaf plantain, narrow leaf plantain, burr clover, rose leaves and petals, their egg shells, endive, arugula, gazania, alyssum, and several more. Soon I will introduce Mazuri to them as well.

Asking $75 each, with volume discounts available. Overnight shipping is about $50.

I removed their shade cover for this pic:
IMG_1523.JPG
IMG_1528.JPG

A warm soak after sunning:
IMG_1533.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.