sulcata sex help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

murdocjunior

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
South, Texas
Can some one please help me sex this sully and give an estimate age i just bought it today. Thanks

Attachments

• Picture 156 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 156 (Medium).jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 75

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Looks male to me...maybe 5 or 6 years old???

M

Maggie Cummings

I don't think you should be able to hold a 5 or 6 year old with one hand, so however old he is, it's not heavy enough. I think he's not eating good an animal that size should be so heavy you couldn't hold him with one hand like that. So make sure he's healthy and eating good. Quarantine him for several months as the chance is good that he is sick. He's not heavy enough for his size. Don't make the mistake of putting him with your current animals and make them sick...don't you already have 5 or 6 Sulcata? If so I am telling you this guy is sick, so be sure to quarantine him ...

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
I agree with Yvonne :) It's a male.

Danny

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Quarantine just means a separate enclosure, separate food, water, excercise space...;)

chadk

10 Year Member!
maggie3fan said:
I don't think you should be able to hold a 5 or 6 year old with one hand, so however old he is, it's not heavy enough. I think he's not eating good an animal that size should be so heavy you couldn't hold him with one hand like that. So make sure he's healthy and eating good. Quarantine him for several months as the chance is good that he is sick. He's not heavy enough for his size. Don't make the mistake of putting him with your current animals and make them sick...don't you already have 5 or 6 Sulcata? If so I am telling you this guy is sick, so be sure to quarantine him ...

Most guys will be able to hold a 9" tort in one hand for a quick pic. Doesn't mean it may not be sick... But by just looking at the pic, there is no way to tell...

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I agree with Yvonne, but I was going to say 4-5 years. How big are your hands? That's our only size reference. If you are a 7'6" NBA player, he might be 12 years old. If you are a 5 year old boy he might be 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.