Sulcata (Tank) Walks Strange

Crod454

Location (City and/or State)
Whittier Ca.
Hello ,

I've had Tank for almost 9 months now and I have noticed that when he walks under the sprinklers and get his shell wet towards the back end , he looses control of his rear legs for a moment like if he where dunk. I thought it may have been something to do with the water but if I clean his shell with a brush the bristles also cause the same affect. Any clues? He has some Pyramiding but no shell rott

Attachments

• IMG_3168.JPG
    IMG_3168.JPG
    618.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3139.JPG
    IMG_3139.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 35

motero

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Does he do it when you spray him with the hose? It is the tortoise rain dance. Most of my Sulcatas will wiggle and do a side ways jig when you spray them with the hose. It is not losing control. Why they do this is a good Question? Maybe they are just saying get off of me!

Crod454

Whittier Ca.
Hey there Motero , and yes he does it when I spray him with the hoes, My larger Sulcata (Dozer)does not do it , but he just squats and enjoys it . But you did describe it to the T , and ok I wont look too much into it . Figured I was hurting him or something? How many do you have ? I rescued these 2 males.

Attachments

• IMG_0550.JPG
    IMG_0550.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 33

Crod454

Whittier Ca.
Oh Hey thanks littleginsu been working on it since this guy started digging to the left and deeper. Still need to roof it and paint it .

Attachments

• IMG_1149.JPG
    IMG_1149.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1152.JPG
    IMG_1152.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 16