Sulcata Tortoise

Vicasi1411

Location (City and/or State)
Miami, FL 33130
Hello, I'm a new memeber
I found a Sulcata tortoise on the sidewalk by my house. From the research I've done on google I believe shes a girl and appears to be approx 19 months (see profile pic)

I've never owned a tortoise, but I was not going to leave her there so that a car can hit her or other animal harm her. I did the best I could making her a terrarium and she seems to be happy. I'm concerned because I saw how big they get and for now she's fine but in the long run I don' t think I can keep her. I don't have a back yard. I would like to have her adopted or take her to a tortoise rescue sooner than later. I have become quite fond of her and the more time passes I become more attached and I simply can not keep her. I will not give her to just anyone they have to be tortoise lovers, members of this site or a well recommended rescue.

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
She is probably someone’s pet. Post fliers around your area and you can do a found Craigslist ad and Facebook. Make sure the person can prove it is their tortoise with photos. Do not post a picture. Have the person describe the tortoise to you. Some people might try to claim it and sell it.

Vicasi1411

Miami, FL 33130
I went door to door around the block asking because in my neighborhood we cant post flyers and even if i found the owner I would have my doubts because to begin with they didn't take well enough care of her. But thank you for your advise.

NorCal tortoise guy

5 Year Member
Northern California
Try not to be too sure the owner is a bad owner even trying to do the best it's is really easy to loose track of a tortoise if you let it sun outside in the open I'm not saying they are good owners just not sure they are bad ether