sulctas found

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninjaturtles

5 Year Member
My neighbor had two sulcata tortoises.. they recently moved, (+-6wks), and 3wks ago we found 3 small tortoises in our back yard by garbage cans, 2 days ago we found another in same area, much smaller than the first 3... how do we Cate for them & why such a gap between founding & why at our yard?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Evidently your neighbors' tortoise left a nest of eggs in their yard and now the babies are hatching. A female sulcata can lay quite a few eggs, so maybe you should go into their yard and see if you can find more babies before the birds get them.

Here's a very good thread about caring for baby tortoises:

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-63788.html

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Thank goodness your yard! Otherwise, if not found, eaten by birds, raccoons, possums ... poor babies! Please go and see if there are any more. Babies may need a little help. I am sure you can find great homes for them here on this forum! : )

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
The size difference might be explained by multiple nests that were laid at different times. Where are you?

ninjaturtles

5 Year Member
Cannot access back yard due to lock on gate.. we found another, but this one was dead, right outside our gate door.. our back yard gates are side by side.

Blgreek08

5 Year Member
Beaver Falls, Pa
Id either hop the fence or call your ASPCA like people. They will go in and get them lock or no. But im the kinda person that will just hop the fence. On a rescue mission like your name on here suggests haha.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TortForum mobile app

Phantom9

5 Year Member
Elverta, CA (Just outside of Sacramento)
Repeating Tom but where are you. After you rescue them sulcatas can grow pretty fast and get rather large. you may want to see if any local forum members would be willing to help house and adopting them for you.

Sent from my HTC One using TortForum mobile app

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Yeah, please try to get over the fence. I don't think anyone is gonna mind with no one there. Those babies should be found if there's anymore out there. Depending on where you live, the weather is also changing in parts of the US. It may be getting too cold for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.