JennRem22

Location (City and/or State)
Delran, NJ 08075, USA
I was directed from a comment on a turtle forum that was dead to come over to here. I know it's unorthodox but I need someone to find someone experienced with turtles to take mine. I have to know that the person is experienced and knowledgeable. My female red bellied Cooter is most likely in the first stage of an upper respiratory tract infection. I haven't been keeping up with the water cleanliness as much as I should have and she experienced a temperature drop the other night when I had to replace her heater. Today she's sneezing a lot throughout the day. I've had her since she was a hatchling and I just want someone to take good care of her. I never thought I would have to surrender her. I will bring her to you, I just have to know that you have the capabilities, equipment, and experience to get her back to good health. There are pictures of her when she was a baby in May of 2021 included. I am very attached to her but I'm also more concerned with her life and well-being. I just don't feel I'm equipped at this stage in my life to properly care for her now that things have changed so much for me. I pray to find someone great, really quickly. I'm willing to meet as soon as possible. No fees. 856 842 7009IMG_20220108_205350446.jpgIMG_20220108_205352267.jpgIMG_20220108_205354943.jpgScreenshot_20220108-234516.pngScreenshot_20220108-234540.pngScreenshot_20220108-234554.png

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
For your information and help, that is not a Red Bellied Cooter. That is an Eastern Painted Turtle. That is actually a much smaller turtle as an adult and a great turtle to keep in a nice tank setup. A Red-Belly will not do well in any indoor enclosure as an adult.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
For your information and help, that is not a Red Bellied Cooter. That is an Eastern Painted Turtle. That is actually a much smaller turtle as an adult and a great turtle to keep in a nice tank setup. A Red-Belly will not do well in any indoor enclosure as an adult.
I was gonna say a Western painted...great little turtles

DoubleD1996!

Memphis
I was directed from a comment on a turtle forum that was dead to come over to here. I know it's unorthodox but I need someone to find someone experienced with turtles to take mine. I have to know that the person is experienced and knowledgeable. My female red bellied Cooter is most likely in the first stage of an upper respiratory tract infection. I haven't been keeping up with the water cleanliness as much as I should have and she experienced a temperature drop the other night when I had to replace her heater. Today she's sneezing a lot throughout the day. I've had her since she was a hatchling and I just want someone to take good care of her. I never thought I would have to surrender her. I will bring her to you, I just have to know that you have the capabilities, equipment, and experience to get her back to good health. There are pictures of her when she was a baby in May of 2021 included. I am very attached to her but I'm also more concerned with her life and well-being. I just don't feel I'm equipped at this stage in my life to properly care for her now that things have changed so much for me. I pray to find someone great, really quickly. I'm willing to meet as soon as possible. No fees. 856 842

I was directed from a comment on a turtle forum that was dead to come over to here. I know it's unorthodox but I need someone to find someone experienced with turtles to take mine. I have to know that the person is experienced and knowledgeable. My female red bellied Cooter is most likely in the first stage of an upper respiratory tract infection. I haven't been keeping up with the water cleanliness as much as I should have and she experienced a temperature drop the other night when I had to replace her heater. Today she's sneezing a lot throughout the day. I've had her since she was a hatchling and I just want someone to take good care of her. I never thought I would have to surrender her. I will bring her to you, I just have to know that you have the capabilities, equipment, and experience to get her back to good health. There are pictures of her when she was a baby in May of 2021 included. I am very attached to her but I'm also more concerned with her life and well-being. I just don't feel I'm equipped at this stage in my life to properly care for her now that things have changed so much for me. I pray to find someone great, really quickly. I'm willing to meet as soon as possible. No fees. 856 842 7009View attachment 338751View attachment 338752View attachment 338753View attachment 338754View attachment 338755View attachment 338756
Definitely a little eastern. I think you should keep it. It looks healthy otherwise. Before you panic, there is a product that I always recommend called, Turtle Fix, by API. It works wonders and is an affordable way to treat your turtles respiratory infection. Painted turtles are very cold tolerant, but the odd fluctuations and water quality could cause the infection. I recommend keeping that water and basking spot toasty and trying this product. You could even raise the temperature of the room.