Swollen eye lids

Status
Not open for further replies.

danieledwards2006

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
England
I went on holiday a while ago and my three tortoises were kept at my local reptile shop unfortunately they put them altogether when i told them not to as they are different species since then one of them
has not been as active and has developed swollen eye lids I took her to the vet and she was given baytril 3 doses to be taken every other day and was also wormed but she seems to still have the swollen eyes and not as active she is eating everyday and is putting on weight. Any ideas as what to do?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
As long as she is eating, that's 3/4's of the battle. Go to a feed store (or you can buy it at the vet's office, but it costs more) and look for Terramycin antibiotic ophthalmic ointment. It's mfg'd by Pfizer and comes in a really small tube. Costs about $8 or $9. Apply it to the eye or eyelid three or four times a day. Its very soothing, and clears up the swelling in not time. I've purchased it online also, if you can't find it locally. http://www.dog.com/item/terramycin-ointment---1-8-oz-tube/?srccode=FR0401

Yvonne

danieledwards2006

10 Year Member!
England
is their a similiar product to use thats from england? is it safe on tortoises as it says its for cats dogs sheep and horses? do you give a tiny tiny amount?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
danieledwards2006 said:
is their a similiar product to use thats from england? is it safe on tortoises as it says its for cats dogs sheep and horses? do you give a tiny tiny amount?

This is what I use on my turtles and tortoises. I dab a small amount on the eye, or if the eye is closed, on the eye lid. I don't know if you bought it on line if it could be shipped to England.

Yvonne

Status
Not open for further replies.