Taking A Peek - New Here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortoiselady

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
S. CA
Hello,
Just found this site and I am curious so I wanted to look around. It looks like it is pretty busy. I love tortoises which I assume is the general case on this site. I am in the southern California area where the weather is very nice for my tortoise bale. I have a nice large area as I am in a cozy canyon away from the masses.
Nice to meet you all!
tortoiselady +
sulcatas
leopards
boxies
DT's & Russians (fostering only for my club)
& considering one of the really big boys:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi tortoiselady:

Welcome to our Tortoise Forum family!!

What would you like us to call you?

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Welcome! Sounds like you are new here, but a pro with your tortoises! Your location sounds ideal.
We love pics of enclosures and torts.

tortoiselady

5 Year Member
S. CA
lynnedit said:
Welcome! Sounds like you are new here, but a pro with your tortoises! Your location sounds ideal.
We love pics of enclosures and torts.

Thank you for such a warm welcome! I am not new to tortoises but the more I learn the more I realize I don't know and still need to learn. I will spend a little time with the site and learn the photo part. I have some wonderful habitats and fantastic heated houses that a sweet contractor built from my designs.
tortoiselady :)

tortoiselady

5 Year Member
S. CA
emysemys said:
Hi tortoiselady:

Welcome to our Tortoise Forum family!!

What would you like us to call you?

Well when I go to the clubhouse out here the children call me tortoise lady, so that just seems right. Some of the parents walk their children to the edge of our fenced property and wait to see who or what is strolling along. It is like a secret place for just the locals. Truth is there are way worse things you could get labeled (LOL). Thanks for the welcome!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
A peek! Sorry, but your probably not going anywhere! Welcome!!!

Luke225

5 Year Member
tortoiselady said:
Hello,
Just found this site and I am curious so I wanted to look around. It looks like it is pretty busy. I love tortoises which I assume is the general case on this site. I am in the southern California area where the weather is very nice for my tortoise bale. I have a nice large area as I am in a cozy canyon away from the masses.
Nice to meet you all!
tortoiselady +
sulcatas
leopards
boxies
DT's & Russians (fostering only for my club)
& considering one of the really big boys:)

Welcome to the best forum around. You will get the best knowledge of your tortoise here!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Howdy neighbor. Welcome to the forum. I think I might have met you somewhere... Did we have a conversation about humidity for baby sulcatas and leopards? There can't be all that many people called "Tortoise Lady".

Anyhow, I'm Tom and I hope you like it here.

tortoiselady

5 Year Member
S. CA
Tom said:
Howdy neighbor. Welcome to the forum. I think I might have met you somewhere... Did we have a conversation about humidity for baby sulcatas and leopards? There can't be all that many people called "Tortoise Lady".

Anyhow, I'm Tom and I hope you like it here.

Howdy! I don't think it was me. Today is my first visit here. I also don't recall a chat about humidity. I am sure there is more than one lady out there that loves her tortoises and people call her tortoise lady. I have also been referred to as sulcata mom - but again not on this site. Saw your tiny leopard ad - very darling. I like the misfits myself. None of mine are the breeder perfects. I don't breed anyway, I just take in the throw aways which seems to be happening more and more :-( I have the severely pyramided, the dog bit victims, and the couldn't / wouldn’t pay for the surgery from the bad diet I was fed so it developed a large stone. Nice to meet fellow shell lover and a neighbor :)

Katherine

5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like we keep many of the same types of tortoises so I am extra happy to have you in the network here : ) What kind of box turtles do you keep?

TORTOISEMAN1 said:
Hello, Totoise lady! Welcome to the forum
I giggled aloud when reading tortoise man welcoming tortoise lady. I love this forum ; )

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Columbia, SC
Welcome...and yeah you're probably here to stay ;) the rest of us got addicted pretty quick!

tortoiselady

5 Year Member
S. CA
katherine said:
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like we keep many of the same types of tortoises so I am extra happy to have you in the network here : ) What kind of box turtles do you keep?

TORTOISEMAN1 said:
Hello, Totoise lady! Welcome to the forum
I giggled aloud when reading tortoise man welcoming tortoise lady. I love this forum ; )

LOL! I am giggling too. My boxies are ornates - she is a real looker :cool: and he looks like something out of the drain :(. I like the rescues myself...

Status
Not open for further replies.